Hacking WII VC Ocarina Codes

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it could, maybe, probably, be possible if you are very patient, understand a lot of hacking and command line tools.
cheats are patched games, usually patched in memory after the game is loaded.
what you need is to patch the game before launching it, modifying the .dol on your computer to force specific values, and adding a code handler to force that value at every CPU cycle.

I think Wiimm has a tool to patch cheats offline, but it might be for iso not channels or dols.

theoretically, it's possible.
If I gave you hope, sorry, but it's too complicated to achieve, just launch vWii mode and use USBLoaders ! you can enable/disable cheat on the fly without repatching/reinjecting/reinstalling the games.

edit: (more info, see it's complicated)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-applying-gecko-codes-to-wii-vc-titles.488866/#post-7684494

Last edited by Cyan,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
OP
Trophies
XP
it could, maybe, probably, be possible if you are very patient, understand a lot of hacking and command line tools.
cheats are patched games, usually patched in memory after the game is loaded.
what you need is to patch the game before launching it, modifying the .dol on your computer to force specific values, and adding a code handler to force that value at every CPU cycle.

I think Wiimm has a tool to patch cheats offline, but it might be for iso not channels or dols.

theoretically, it's possible.
If I gave you hope, sorry, but it's too complicated to achieve, just launch vWii mode and use USBLoaders ! you can enable/disable cheat on the fly without repatching/reinjecting/reinstalling the games.
I guess i'll just give up on cheats. I would use a usb loader, but i have the slowest usb in the world, so it's unbearable to load anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free