Hacking Wii VC not working on 50" Plasma

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so I used Wad manager to install Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Sonic 3 on my Wii. They run fine on my standard 50hz Rear projection TV BUT when i try to play it on my 50" Plasma, the screen goes blank.

I can hear audio and when I press the home button the return to Wii menu and other options appear and I can see the screen then, but when I press home again the screen goes blank again.

If it helps, when i run it on my standard tv im using standard AV cables and on the Plasma im using a component cable. I think this may be the issue.

Is there a fix?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Try to set the video output to ntsc using Any Region Changer, did the trick for me.

Edit:

This came into my mind:

Display problems while playing Virtual Console games

If you are experiencing display issues (dim, blank or half-blank screen, ghosted image, etc.) with a Virtual Console game while using the Component Video Cable, please read the following:

Some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of video. Some HD TV's are unable to display a signal with only 240 lines. Try the steps below to set the Wii to output 480 lines of video, which may solve the problem:

1. While on the Wii Channel Menu (main screen of the Wii), connect a Nunchuk to Wii Remote.
2. Select the Virtual Console game from the Wii menu, then select "Start" to begin the game.
3. When the game starts, press the Home button on the Wii Remote. (In many games, the music can be heard when the game starts.)
4. Select "Operations Manual" from the Home menu.
5. Press the Z + A + 2 Button simultaneously (the Z Button is on the Nunchuk). A sound will be heard if the button combination has been entered correctly.
6. Close the Home menu. The game should now display correctly. Note: You will not have to do this the next time you play, as the Wii console will remember these settings.

Give it a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte