1. Karatevan

OP Karatevan GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hello guys!

I can't get 2 controllers working at the same time when I play Game Cube injected (Wii VC Injector) games on my modded Wii U.

This is the scenario:
    1. unofficial Wii U Pro Controllers and an unofficial Wiimote and Nunchuck
    2. Nintendont placed in SD/apps/Nintendont
    3. Game Cube games injected with Wii VC Injector and installed as WUP on my Wii U
    4. I boot Haxchi, then the Game Cube game from the WiiU home menu, then I choose to use my Gamepad, then I see the Nintendont screen, the game boots, but I cannot pair any controller nor the Wiimote & Nunchuk.
    I checked everywhere but cannot find a clear answer, I just like to have 2 players playing simultaneously (although 4 would be a must, to play Double Dash).

Please help, thanks!

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    So you have unofficial controllers? Maybe that's the reason? :ninja:

You also might want to note, if you enable the use of wii u gamepad as a controller, NO OTHER CONTROLLER WILL WORK. So when you get asked to use the gamepad, select "no" before loading the game.

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/tree/master/controllerconfigs
    You might also want to try using these. I don't know how to properly use this, but it may help. Should be possible to install by loading the homebrew and selecting update and to download controller configs. But It always freeze or gives me error on my system. SO I assume manual setup is required. I never needed to do this cause my controllers are official (And ii think is mostly for remapping buttons) but you should try anyway.

Honestly I just think is your unofficial controllers. But that's just me. Nothing against you or them by the way. Just some aren't the best, especially the ones that look too much like the real thing, have no brand name, and what not. :ninja:

jeannotte likes this.
  3. NicoAICP

NicoAICP Some random dude

Germany
    If i remember correctly, if you choose to use the gamepad, you are unable to sync any other controllers.
    so to use other controllers you would need to say no to the gamepad prompt

4. Karatevan

Italy
    @Sonic Angel Knight @NicoAICP Thank you for your help, thought this unofficial controller issue was solved by now. I already tried to say NO when prompted to use the Gamepad, but none of third party controllers synced so I had to manually reboot.

5. Foodchain

Foodchain Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    When you choose to use the Gamepad, Nintendont assigns the Gamepad to the player 1 controller slot. You can connect additional controllers and they'll get placed into subsequent slots.

I don't think the OP's problem is related to that though given that it didn't work even when opting to not use the gamepad.

What kind of 3rd party controllers are these, and are you trying to pair them through bluetooth? Do they pair normally with the WiiU and then don't pair up once Nintendont is launched?

6. Karatevan

Italy
    Hi,

Yes both the third party WiiU Pro controllers and Wiimote+Nunchuck are wireless controllers and they normally work well (I used the Wiimote even with injected Wii & vWii games).

Do you think that if I refuse to use gamepad when prompted, then select TV only with the wiimote, I can use at least through USB cord the two Pro Controllers?

7. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Unfortunately this is a common issue with third party Wiimote/Wii U pro controllers connecting through bluetooth with Nintendont. They work fine with WiiU and Wii titles (emulators, homebrew, etc), but Nintendont is very picky with fake controllers.
    Btw you cant connect Wii U pro controllers via USB, the port is just for charging battery.

Karatevan likes this.
  8. Karatevan

Italy
    Bought two second hand original Wiimotes & Nunchuks this morning and they sync without any issues during GC emulation.
    Despite that, Wiimotes and Nunchucks are not the best to play fighting games and brawlers, do you think that an original Wii Classic Controller will work fine?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Injector, players,