Hacking Wii Updated by game and backup launcher don't work anymore.

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I bought a newer Wii with 4.0U firmware version and with that came Wii Fit, i did the Softmod before all things and then, i put Wii Fit in the console to play it, it was asking me to do an update and i accidentally did that, now, my Neogamma do not work anymore. When i put a burned game in my console, it came up a black screen and then .. nothing .. can i do something to play backup again ?

I DID NOT install Bootmii or Preloader and i DO NOT want to install it 'cause i don't want to hack my wii too much, just want to play games with backup launcher, nothing else. Also, i don't want to install a modchip don't know how it's working, just softmod

Thank you

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you buy the console new in a store and it came with 4.0U? Or did you buy it used, and it was updated to 4.0U beforehand?

Were your backups loading before you updated with wii fit?

Side Note:Newer Consoles are coming with Drives that can't read backups by software, these consoles seem to come shipped with 4.0 installed

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes i bought the console new in store and it came with 4.0U i was able to load backups before i updated with Wii Fit ..

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Are you on firmware 4.2 already after the update? If so just follow the soft mod guide in the stickies by xzxzero even if you are not you can still follow his soft mod guide for firmware versions below 4.2 to get back up and running.

cayspekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely run bootmii and make a backup of your nand though, especially if you can install it as boot2. I bricked my wii trying to recover homebrew after a nintendo update (mostly because I'm stupid, but better safe than sorry right?)

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunately, i could not install bootmii as boot2 and anyway, i don't want to let my SD card in my Wii, also, i don't want to have to pass through 2 options (Bootmii and then backup launcher or disc channel) to play a game, just 1 is ok
tongue.gif
i also want to know, i installed some a bit of "Virtual Console Games" .WAD in my wii, will they work again after i update to 4.2? Do i do the nintendo update or is their another update i should put to update it to 4.2?

Thank you for your patience, i'm not quite experimented in hacking wii, but i think i'm good enough to do all you are telling me to do ..

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'll try to update through Nintendo because it is easy to update, and like i said, i downloaded a couple of Virtual Console Games in .wad, will they work again with the update or will i have to reinstall it too ? also, with those games installed, can it brick my wii ?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
charlieg said:
i'll try to update through Nintendo because it is easy to update, and like i said, i downloaded a couple of Virtual Console Games in .wad, will they work again with the update or will i have to reinstall it too ? also, with those games installed, can it brick my wii ?
use the safe updater instead

the games wont brick your wii
probably just wont work off the sd card menu until you trucha your IOS70

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They are on the wii, installed by wad manager so they don't use my SD Card .. but maybe i will one day or another ..

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the Safe Updater is the Zektor's method right? if it is, what's that mean IOS60 as a stub ? is their an order for installing all the packed wad ?

charlieg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
many people said to me to do not update in 4.2 .. can i only redo my steps i did before i updated with Wii Fit ? it was only a disc update so i wish to play backup again, will it work again if i redo all steps ? or maybe if i uninstall Neogamma channel and then i reinstall it ? it's getting complicated since some say i should update to 4.2 and others say i shouldn't since i don't have brick protection

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just install Bootmii and Preloader. It's not that big of a deal. You should always have brick protection no matter how minimal your hacking is. You said you can't even install as Boot2 so you're not even going to see it on startup. Preloader you can autoboot to the system menu plus skip the health screen.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
charlieg said:
if Bootmii is installed as an IOS, how can i access it if my wii is bricked ?
You'll have Preloader to access Bootmii. It's not as good as having Bootmii installed Boot2 but it's better than nothing. There's plenty of people here who do the same thing, myself included. You'll at least have brick protection from an unusable System Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night