Wii Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Raikkonen94, Jan 19, 2010.

Jan 19, 2010

Wii Update by Raikkonen94 at 3:15 PM (1,328 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Raikkonen94
    OP

Newcomer Raikkonen94 Member

Netherlands
    A few weeks ago I decided to throw all my Wii hacking stuff from my Wii (4.1E) (because it wasn't working well anymore) and now I've thrown everything on my Wii so I can play again:)

But when I put my Mario Kart Wii (original disc) in my Wii, it asks me to install an update...

Can I do this without damaging my Homebrew things?

2. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    install priiloader and enable skip disc updates. if the game doesn't play you may need to update but don't do it through the disc, use dop-ios mod

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Or just startpatch it

4. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    actually if you double check with DoP-IOS 10.1 and you are sure that all of your IOS are up to date then it's safe to run a disc update as long as the disc is from your region. If version numbers are the same or higher nothing gets updated. Why does it say it needs one before and not after then (what changed?)? I have no clue but I have done it myself with NSMB Wii. No IOS changed but it didn't call for the update anymore either.

That might be a different story if a REALLY brand new game comes along with the 4.2 update. I don't personally know of any though. That's probably because games usually come with the minimum required IOS files and 4.2 only stubbed a few and added IOS70 which has nothing to do with running a game.

But the shortes and safest answer has already been posted. Use Priiloader, Startpatch, or a config disc for your chip if you are chipped to b lock updates.

5. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Downgrade to 3.2. That's the safest way.

6. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    No, just no.

7. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    More like sure surest way to brick yourself.

And even if it weren't, there is absolutely no reason you should go to 3.2 anyway. There's nothing special about it.

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I just created a 4.2 Update Auto-Downloader for PC (by xflak40).rar (fyi, this is perfectly legal to share). This makes it easy for anyone to upgrade their wii to 4.2 without needed a wifi connection on their wii. Just follow the instructions, and make sure u install IOS70 before the system menu