Portugal
no one will never know...
ph34r.gif

sousa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After that update, my wii rebooted and got stuck on a message complaining that it couldn't access address marc:EU/EU/ENG/Setup/ScreenSave.html. Seems like an Opera error page but I don't have Opera installed(I don't have wireless).
I have a Wiikey and had patched the game to PAL(it didn't work unmodified). I guess you guys should be careful.

dirtycarrot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine said it updated but nothing seemed to change. The update was extremely quick though, but it did reboot afterwards.
One thing I did notice, before the update, the game icon would not show up in the channel menu.

Hottar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Pal Wii with wiikey starts teh update but fails at about 90%
Tried 3 times with the same result. I have just burnt the 1.2 wiikey config disk and will try after setting it to region free and 3x read speed.

I have sen numerous reports on another site that ppl succesfully updates their pal wiis with wiikey.

@sousa: what version did you have before updating and have you been able to fix the problem?
My system version is 2.0E, maybe i should take the wii online and update with a european update instead?

Hottar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm... I'm thinking maybe i should wait playing this game.. don't want to ruin my wii for just one game. Been really looking forward to play this though..

I'll try with an online update and then see what happens when i put the game disc in.

Hottar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to 2.1E online, game still wants to update and fails at about 90%
Seems wierd that most people are able to play, I cant apply the update and ive seen two reports of "bricking" (or at least wii not working properly) after updating.

Different manufacturing dates with changes in hardware?

Mine is model NO: RVL 001EUR bought in Germany

hot_madras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So for those that's got it working, di you have to patch it?

Just wondering if it's the patching that's messed things up sousa.

EDIT : and Sousa, is yours a genuine Wiikey?

sousa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for those that's got it working, di you have to patch it?

Just wondering if it's the patching that's messed things up sousa.

EDIT : and Sousa, is yours a genuine Wiikey?
I've wondered about the patching myself.
I think I have a genuine wiikey, can't really be sure since I paid for the service and although I have confidence in the person that provided such service, he could've been fooled. By the look of things, I guess I'll find out when I open my console to take out the wiikey.

hot_madras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My only doubt about your Wiikey would be due to the fact that you had to patch the game wheras others seem to have gotten away without patching. You've done people a great service posting about your issues so we can hopefully help others from doing the same.

All we need to do now is work out the pattern of the problem. Does anybody know where else has threads detailing the paper mario update error?

herpes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem on a PAL Wii with a genuine Wiikey (set to be region free), I didn't patch the game. I've taken the system battery out and I'm going to leave the Wii unplugged for a few hours in the hope that "EU/EU/ENG/Setup/ScreenSave.html" is a setting (or tied to a setting) that may be reset. If not, I've learned an expensive lesson...

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so only the PAL units trying to play NTSC Super Paper Mario have this problem?
Does anyone with USA NTSC Wii unit have the same problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool