wii update bits

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by markdx4, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011

wii update bits by markdx4 at 11:03 PM (702 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. markdx4
    OP

Newcomer markdx4 Newbie

Ireland
    Hi All

a freind done it for me now left for auz

i have wii black 4.1 latest hb bootmill, Priiloader v0.3, wad manager v1.4 ( i installed latest hb and bootmil) how do i update prelaoder do i uninstall first? is so how?safe?

Noobe ere (a ?about wads) i want to update the latest usb cfg loader and usb loader gx and add dark theme(nice) ((n.b dark theme only for 4.3))

i seem to hav early versions off these, the new gx loader looks nice,etc so i just want to get updated on these

basic ? do i backup nand now with softmod on it? will this effect it if i hav 2 restore if i brick
    so 1st? can i uninstall or virginise wads or get the new wads will they over write old wads and wat about iso's do i need now
    or wat iso's do i remove

i can list iso's installed

or do i go to preloader turn on updates and update wii to 4.3e? so wii will be back to beginning (backup nand first)

sorry to be a noobe
    all tutorials seem to show you from a new wii pov ( i want to remove old loaders and install up2date 1's)

tks

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    You have BootMii installed....make a backup of your Wii before your do anything else.

Since you are a self proclaimed noob, I strongly suggest that you update your Wii with ModMii, using the wizard option and treating your Wii as a virgin. This will make sure that your Wii is up to snuff. You should be able to easily understand the choices ModMii presents with the exception that I suggest that you lie when prompted for which System Menu you have installed, just say 4.0, and then choose to update to 4.1 again. This little trick will force ModMii to update your System Menu with a fresh copy.

ModMii will take care of all the IOSes and will even re-install PriiLoader for you, just follow the guide it will generate carefully. What it will not do is re-install the original Wii Dark theme, or update USB Loader GX as it uses the Dark Wii Red or Green Theme and CFG Loader instead. If you are okay with these substitutes then you need not do anything more. If you really want to use USB Loader GX, don't choose to install CFG Loader in ModMii. After you finished with ModMii you can manually install USB Loader GX. I don't recommend manually installing a System Menu theme as you are a self proclaimed noob.

If you follow the guide ModMii will make for you, your Wii will be update overwriting the old files. If you have any channels that you no longer want you can just delete them using the Wii's built in channel management screen.

-[]D

3. markdx4
    OP

Newcomer markdx4 Newbie

Ireland
    hi and tks

had a look at modmii

so if i go from 4.0 to 4.1 that resets all iso's?

and then if i every want to load anything in the future it's a blank canvas

tks

4. PPSainity

Canada
    When you tell ModMii to treat your Wii as a virgin and re-download all files that "resets all IOSes" (same numbered IOSes and same titled titles overwrite themselves BTW) The 4.0/4.1 trick will make sure that ModMii also re-downloads the System Menu as it does not do so if you are already at the choosen System Menu version. But yeah, as far as you should be concerned, it is starting from a "blank canvas" and will leave your Wii updated and soft-modded. Just keep in mind what I said above about USB Loader GX and about how to delete any channels leftover that you don't want.

-[]D

5. markdx4
    OP

Newcomer markdx4 Newbie

Ireland
    hi and tks

when at stage after modmii and deleted channels i can follow tutorial on gx loader , then cfg loader 2nd

u c im presumming if i install app or iso it wont get err (dont want it to install on a iso just being safe) and wont install or brick

i dont know wat iso are installed etc so if i get blank canvas i know wat iso or apps i install

tks again

i do it tommorrow and let u know how i get on

6. PPSainity

Canada
    You mean IOS. ISO is a disc image. IOS is Wii firmware/OS.

ModMii will leave your Wii updated and softmodded. You will have the latest IOS (no stubs) and a good compliment of cIOS. You will be able to install whatever you want manually afterwards, like USB Loader GX or CFG. You should not have to install any IOS manually after using ModMii, as it provides all the cIOS needed for 99% of the homebrew out there. If you want to see what IOS are installed on your Wii after you use ModMii you can always use SysCheck to generate a report. You should not brick your Wii just as long as you follow all the instructions accompanying whatever you will install.

-[]D

7. markdx4
    OP

Newcomer markdx4 Newbie

Ireland
  8. PPSainity

Canada
    Yeah, chalk it up to bad timing... Sadly some nogoodnicks have complained about ModMii over the source code not being made available even though it was and it turns out that the nogoodnicks just can't read as well as they can whine... XFlax is on top of things, so just wait for things to get back to normal.

You can read up on the issue in the ModMii thread.

-[]D