Wii U won't let me download game because system update is in download list.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Robfozz, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    I'm helping a friend get CBHC installed on his Wii U. He had the DNS that blocks updates set up and he just bought Brain Age from the eshop. The problem is that the update insists that it gets downloaded first but obviously thats no good. It won't even start the download for Brain Age.

Is there anything that can be done or are we fricced

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    New update just came out today. 5.5.2. Stay tuned. All guides are invalid as of right now

3. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Self-quote:
    Don't remove the DNS block.

4. WiiFoundLove

WiiFoundLove GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2015
    Afghanistan
    What? We have to remove the tik to install this one?

5. iAqua

iAqua Shadow of Dark.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    No, it's because the ticket is installed upon purchase, so it already exists.

Masterwin likes this.
  6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Remove the title.tik from the downloaded files (on the pc, before you put it on SD), because the latest installed ticket gets placed at the head of the file in the ticket bucket file on the WiiU, and you don't want a fake one there.

Note that the system's ticket bucket files are not called title.tik, so we can't be talking about the one on the WiiU. Sorry if that was confusing you.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its very easy to solve this restart your wiiu after you boughtt« the game, when wiiu is starting you will get you game downloaded.

Kafluke likes this.
  8. tomservo6

tomservo6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    United States
    This does not work for me. I also just tried purchasing Brain Age so I could install HaxChi. After powering/unplugging twice, the FW update is still ahead of the game on the list.

So does downloading the game via WiiUSB Helper and deleting the tik really work like instructed above? I'm concerned because elsewhere I've read that the game installed for HaxChi must be legit, not from WUP. Or is it not a concern because my legit ticket comes from my purchase? So then does that legit ticket get installed on my WiiU before the game actually downloads?

Edit- The update download says error and is stuck above the game, which says pending. But still won't download the game.

Last edited by tomservo6, Jul 18, 2017
  9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    "Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone."
    >>>

by unplug is actualy pull out the power so the wiiu gets a hard reset or hold down the pwer button on wiiu for more than 10 seconds.

10. tomservo6

tomservo6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    United States
    Any idea on which one removes it?

Or can someone confirm a different solution to get the game downloaded?

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    "Use NNU patcher to access the eshop. Download the DS game that you need. It will fail because the system update will want to be downloaded first. Just unplug your Wii U. Plug it back in after about 2 minutes and then the DS game that you paid for will start to download the system update will be gone."
    >>>

unplug it or press the shutdown button for more than 10 seconds.

12. tomservo6

tomservo6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    United States
    Yes, I did that. Still there in the download queue as a failed download.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you removed your wiiu power outlet and didnt do a simple shutdown? then its definitive something already there taking place.

14. tomservo6

tomservo6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    United States
    It's actually been there for a while, before this last update. Can you confirm the WUP and ticket strategy posted earlier would work?

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    no idea i never used it, but just to confirm you did get that warning saying it wasnt meant to shutdown the wiiu like that when powering on?

16. djogzz

djogzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    France
    Hy,
    i confirm, same for me , i have unplug the wiiu for 1 hour, and system update fail always here in first position ...
    tom : can you give a return if .tik delete work plz ?

DJ

17. tomservo6

tomservo6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    United States
    No warning. Just unplugged, waited, plugged back in. And each time in the download queue a failed update download in front of a queued game.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I hesitate to try in case it bricks. I was waiting to hear someone else confirms it works.

18. djogzz

djogzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    France
    dam can't find Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training on wiiu USB helper...
    so i can't test title.tik delete :(

19. tomservo6

tomservo6 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    United States
    I found Brain Age on there, which is the one I bought. But it says, do not use any title downloaded from this app to install CBHC or you will brick. That's what's making me nervous even though I'm just trying to install normal Hacxhi.

20. djogzz

djogzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    France
    IF i found Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training i'll try (this one i bought), and i'll just try normal hacxhi too
    but can't found it ....