Hardware Wii U wont detect Hard Drive Hard Drive enclosure

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so i bought a new enclosure recently and my wii u wont detect my harddrive thats inside it. The drive itself does work bc i used it on since i had a wii and wii u. I know wii u isn't 3/0 compatible but i thought that just meant it wouldn't have 3.0 speeds. Does it not detect 3.0 at all? Do i need to just return this enclosure and get a 2.0 enclosure with a y cable instead of this one with external power.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the HDD is fat32 formatted? And worked on Wii u with the other dock?

3.0 drives are backwards compatible with 2.0 devices (Wii u) but maybe you need a Y splitter for power?

Last edited by KiiWii,

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That isnt bad but i wanted a enclosure for protection. Niece would see a shiny square and attack it . Enclosure would dull it out or at least protect it until i caught up to her lol.

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i connect the dock to the front hub on the new enclosure it detects the drive but it wont detect the drive on its own. The drive is spinning when connected only to the enclosure so. I think i;ll just cut my losses and return the enclosure for the one i linked earlier and get a y cable. Making this complicated for apparent reason.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting. A 2.5 inch hdd enclosure with a powered usb hub. I first thought you had a desktop drive.
maybe the wii u dont like the usb hub. just get one of them $10 enclosures with a y spliter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.