Hacking Wii U with 5.3.2 firmware and hacked vWii. Is it safe to upgrade to 5.5.1?

elsanto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi All!

I have red the "[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking" and find it very clear, but the starting point for that guide is a stock Wii U, not a previously modified one.

I have a second hand Wii U with 5.3.2 firmware and a modified vWii with homebrew channel that can load wii and gamecube backups.
I'm not sure how was modified, and I don't have the original vWii NAND backups. Nevertheless vWii is working well.
I ran SysCheck HDE and this is the output generated:

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition por JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, y Nano
...ejecutado en vIOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: PAL
Menu de Sistema 4.3E (v610)

Fecha de la unidad: 12.07.2012
Canal Homebrew 1.1.2 ejecutandose en IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
ID de consola: XXXYYYZZZ
Tipo de consola: vWii
Pais del Canal Tienda: Spain (105)
Boot2 v0
62 titulos encontrados.
Se encontraron 34 IOS en esta consola. 0 de ellos son stubs.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): Sin Parches
vIOS12 (rev 782): Sin Parches
vIOS13 (rev 1288): Sin Parches
vIOS14 (rev 1288): Sin Parches
vIOS15 (rev 1288): Sin Parches
vIOS17 (rev 1288): Sin Parches
vIOS21 (rev 1295): Sin Parches
vIOS22 (rev 1550): Sin Parches
vIOS28 (rev 2063): Sin Parches
vIOS31 (rev 3864): Sin Parches
vIOS33 (rev 3864): Sin Parches
vIOS34 (rev 3864): Sin Parches
vIOS35 (rev 3864): Sin Parches
vIOS36 (rev 3864): Sin Parches
vIOS37 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
vIOS38 (rev 4380): Sin Parches
vIOS41 (rev 3863): Sin Parches
vIOS43 (rev 3863): Sin Parches
vIOS45 (rev 3863): Sin Parches
vIOS46 (rev 3863): Sin Parches
vIOS48 (rev 4380): Sin Parches
vIOS53 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
vIOS55 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
vIOS56 (rev 5918): Sin Parches
vIOS57 (rev 6175): Sin Parches
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): Sin Parches
vIOS62 (rev 6942): Sin Parches
vIOS80 (rev 7200): Sin Parches
vIOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
vIOS512 (rev 7): Sin Parches
vIOS513 (rev 1): Sin Parches
Reporte generado el 24/03/2018.

Is it safe to upgrade my Wii U firmware to 5.5.1 (with game disc) having a modified vWii?

If so, is it safe to follow "[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking" directions with a modified vWii?

I asked this in "[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking" but i suppose my post didn't get too much visibility among the hundred pages of that thread, so I'm writing a new one.

Should I undo the vWii modifications before upgrade Wii U firmware? If so, how can I do that?

Thank you very much and regards.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's start out with some exploratory questions to help you find out how exactly what hack you're using. Im going to number them so your responses can be clear.

1. When you first turn on your Wii u, what do you have to do to play your games? List every tap and every action.
2. When you first turn on your Wii U do you see any text on the screen or gamepad? Look for a black screen with the words "autobooting".
3. Do any of the games you play have DLC?
4. Can you play those games?
5. Do you see any custom channels on your home screen (non Nintendo channels)
6. Do you use them?
7. Which ones do you use and how do you access them?

elsanto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you very much for replying, Kafluke. I'll try to answer the best I can. English is not my mother language. :-)

1.- To play Wii U games i just insert the disc (originals) and touch on the CD icon on the gamepad. There is also a game installed in the Wii U (Mario Kart8), I guess the console was bundled with that game inside. To play that game, I just touch the "Mario Kart 8" icon on the gamepad.
To play Wii games, first i touch the "Wii" icon on the gamepad, then with miimote I choose "TV only" or "TV and Gamepad" and press "A", then the screen goes black for some seconds, then appears a "health and safety" message asking me to press "A", and then I get to the vWii console, I choose a channel "usb loader gx", then I press "A" pointing "Comenzar" (Start), the screen goes black, then it appears a splash screen of USB loader GX, there is a SD/ USB drive scan and then I can choose the installed Wii and gamecube games by pointing to its covers with wiimote and pressing "A". Then it appears a game info screen and I choose "Comenzar" (Start) with wiimote.

2.- When I turn on the Wii U, the TV stay black for some seconds. The gamepad show a white screen with "nintendo" logo, after some seconds the gamepad first and then TV shows a white screen with the text "Wii U" and after some seconds more the TV shows the mii plaza and the gamepad show some icons: CD, Mii editor, config, karaoke, chat, youtube, Wii, daily log, parent control, health and safety, and mario kart. No more.

3.- Is DLC "DownLoadable Content" from the eshop? In that case i didn't purchase anything yet (I can't get a NNID without firmware update, but i have blocked nintendo update servers until get sure is "safe" in my current state). I'm not sure if the previous owner purchased some DLC for mario kart 8. According to "data management" in settings, mario kart has "program", "update data" and gamesaves. Not sure if DLC should be visible here.

4.- I think I don't have any DLC.

5.- In Wii U mode i don't see any non-nintendo channels. In vWii mode there is "USB loader GX" and "The homebrew channel"

6.- Yes, in vWii mode, "USB loader GX" and "The Homebrew Channel" . Both works perfectly.
7.- I use both choosing it with wiimote within vWii mode.

I see no sign of "Wii U" hacking. Obviously vWii is hacked. I'm not sure if is it safe to upgrade firmware from this situation. What do you think?

Again, thank you very much and regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality