Hardware Wii u wifi info transfer & wii mode?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi i sent nintendo an email about wii u & data transfer & thought maybe you guys would be interested in feedback. B-)

original message
hi i had a general question about the wii u & wii data.
ok with DS, DSi, & 3DS when upgrading we can transfer our online info/friend codes.

but what about when upgrading from wii to wii u? will we be able to transfer our saves, DLC, & friendcodes/online data? or will we have to start from scratch?

(i was talking about friendcodes "transferring wifi id's" btw since DS had wifi data transfer from the beginning & have yet to see this in wii)

there reply
Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your concerns. We have announced that you will be able transfer your data from Wii to Wii U. However, we don't yet have exact info about every type of data will be able to be transferred at this time. I've included the information we do have below:
  • Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems.
  • Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer.
  • The Wii and Wii U will need to be on hand to perform a transfer.
  • The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DSi to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL; which has been received positively by consumers.
  • Transferred Wii content is accessible and can be played through Wii Mode, an application on the Wii U's main menu.

hmm 1st time hearing about a wii mode. :ninja:
seems wii u will use similar system 3DS & DSi uses haveing a DS, DSi, & 3DS mode.

also screen shots are always cool
Capture.PNG

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DSi to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL; which has been received positively by consumers.
Can't possibly be true? I've been waiting for an account system. >.>

I can still see the name of the Nintendo employe...

Also, wiibrew confirmed. :P

Reactions: 1 person

RoderickSykes

Trophies
XP
It's a pretty long story, but here's the gist: Homebrew can't be transferred like any other apps (same goes for pirated apps). The Software goes through some checks, then is deleted form the host system. After being deleted, a special download ticket is sent to the client system, so that the software can be downloaded onto that system.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi i sent nintendo an email about wii u & data transfer & thought maybe you guys would be interested in feedback. B-)

original message
hi i had a general question about the wii u & wii data.
ok with DS, DSi, & 3DS when upgrading we can transfer our online info/friend codes.

but what about when upgrading from wii to wii u? will we be able to transfer our saves, DLC, & friendcodes/online data? or will we have to start from scratch?

(i was talking about friendcodes "transferring wifi id's" btw since DS had wifi data transfer from the beginning & have yet to see this in wii)

there reply
Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your concerns. We have announced that you will be able transfer your data from Wii to Wii U. However, we don't yet have exact info about every type of data will be able to be transferred at this time. I've included the information we do have below:
  • Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems.
  • Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer.
  • The Wii and Wii U will need to be on hand to perform a transfer.
  • The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DSi to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL; which has been received positively by consumers.
  • Transferred Wii content is accessible and can be played through Wii Mode, an application on the Wii U's main menu.

hmm 1st time hearing about a wii mode. :ninja:
seems wii u will use similar system 3DS & DSi uses haveing a DS, DSi, & 3DS mode.

also screen shots are always cool
Capture.PNG
Does'nt anybody noticed the contradicting statements in this e-mail?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...