Hacking Wii U VWii hacking safe?

LAA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I got Super Smash Bros Brawl PAL for my Wii U yesterday, as I want to hack VWii at some point, but just a few questions...

1. Can nintendo check I have HBC installed on VWii?

2. When theres a new Wii U update, will that wipe VWii clean, leave it as it is or just fix exploits?

So... should I wait till next update to see if VWii homebrew still works fine then install HBC, or is it as safe to install it now as it will be by then?

It seems to me they cant fix some exploits, such as Smash Stack, cause it seems they are aware of it by having it be deleted if detected on SD, but not do anything to stop it working, but I may be wrong.

Thanks

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I got Super Smash Bros Brawl PAL for my Wii U yesterday, as I want to hack VWii at some point, but just a few questions...

1. Can nintendo check I have HBC installed on VWii?
Yes. Whether or not that will happen in the future, no one will know other than Nintendo.

2. When theres a new Wii U update, will that wipe VWii clean, leave it as it is or just fix exploits?
Again, only something Nintendo will know. The answer will be in the next update/s. It likely will not wipe vWii clean, but stubbing cIOSes and/or removing the HBC and/or exploits is always a possibility.

So... should I wait till next update to see if VWii homebrew still works fine then install HBC, or is it as safe to install it now as it will be by then?
Nah! It's safe. Install it! BTW, if you just bought a Wii U, you have to update it in order to get vWii working.

It seems to me they cant fix some exploits, such as Smash Stack, cause it seems they are aware of it by having it be deleted if detected on SD, but not do anything to stop it working, but I may be wrong.
:blink: Haven't heard of that... The Twilight Hack was automatically removed, but none of the known exploits have been removed.

LAA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Whether or not that will happen in the future, no one will know other than Nintendo.

Again, only something Nintendo will know. The answer will be in the next update/s. It likely will not wipe vWii clean, but stubbing cIOSes and/or removing the HBC and/or exploits is always a possibility.

Nah! It's safe. Install it! BTW, if you just bought a Wii U, you have to update it in order to get vWii working.

:blink: Haven't heard of that... The Twilight Hack was automatically removed, but none of the known exploits have been removed.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I know its something only nintendo might now in some things, but I wondered if someone had HBC installed and updated afterwards.
Also, yes I already updated my Wii U update when I got it, which was like the first week of january.

I think I may wait till the next update anyway, to make sure theres no consequences or anything of having HBC installed. I doubt it, but dont want my Wii U being bricked or unusable already, ha ha.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
The HBC has been tested to be safe. What you run from it after that is a different question (of whether it's safe or not).

It's almost like saying you won't update or purchase anything from the Eshop because it might brick your Wii.

LAA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The HBC has been tested to be safe. What you run from it after that is a different question (of whether it's safe or not).

It's almost like saying you won't update or purchase anything from the Eshop because it might brick your Wii.

I understand that.
I'm not worried about the safety of the homebrew I use, I'm more worried about nintendo releasing an update that ruins my Wii U essentially or locks me from their online service or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr