Hacking Wii U via WUP Installer GX2 - All Games getting stuck not fulling installing

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am new to the scene I did read through the Noon Guides carefully I did copy the Ticket files folders to my SD Card root under correct folder I installed the card back into my Wii U i have a 2TB WD Portable HD USB powered formatted by the WIi U for the Wii U **unless there is a different method that needs to be used** but when I go to install a game from WUP Installer GX2 it gets to about 75 or 84% and stops and the hard drive makes a slight click noise.

This hard drive is brand new out of the box mind you. What am I doing wrong?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like its timing out,

Mine did this, I had to watch the install and make sure the gamepad stayed on full (not power saving dim) and attend the entire install.

It could also be your hdd has a timeout function.

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible the USB on the Wii U does not have enough Power to power these? I used a second WD My Book Ultra I had lying around consequently a 2TB and it was not even going to format it so I left it along and unplugged it. I will try that suggestion about full power and checking timeout function on HDD.BTW Both drives are My Book 2 TB Drives

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible the USB on the Wii U does not have enough Power to power these? I used a second WD My Book Ultra I had lying around consequently a 2TB and it was not even going to format it so I left it along and unplugged it. I will try that suggestion about full power and checking timeout function on HDD.BTW Both drives are My Book 2 TB Drives

Sorry My Passport Drives not My Book. Should they only be desktop models with seperate power or should the Wii U be enough to power the Portable drives?

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so after formatting an 8GB USB Flash drive the game installed leading me to believe it does not work well with Portable USB Hard Drives guess I need to buy a Powered External Hard Drive Did not think I would need it like in the original Wii. Also curious if there is a menu system like GX Loader was to Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM