Wii U VC Upgrade off of hacked Wii VS

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ConnerKid, Jun 18, 2014.

1. ConnerKid
    OP

ConnerKid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    Would it be possible to have hacked VC titles from a wii, transfer them over using Wii U transfer tool and then pay to upgrade them to Wii U VC?

2. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    No.
    Transfer tool doesn't transfer hacked VC, only titles from eShop.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. Mite000

Mite000 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2013
    Canada
    I had a question relating to this.

When adding wads to wiimode, would it be possible to trick the system into thinking they were purchased from the wii shop channel in order to get the Wii U eshop discount?

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    The only way you're going to play pirated wiiware on your vWii is to install it yourself, that means to softmod your vWii. Otherwise keep playing it on your Wii. Nintendo will not upgrade your pirated games.

5. Mite000

Mite000 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2013
    Canada
    I have soft modded my vWii (wii u's wii mode right?) and added wads successfully of virtual console titles. Im just wondering how it knows which games are legit and which arent, and if its possible to manipulate that.

6. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States

It checks to see if you own them on the Nintendo Wiiware server.

Short of hacking into that server and granting yourself rights to what your trying to get... (If you could do this than Wii ware would be low hanging fruit, at that point why not just get any digital Wii-U games you want?)

pelago likes this.
  7. WolfSaviorZX

WolfSaviorZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2013
    United States
    Deleted

Last edited by WolfSaviorZX, Mar 23, 2017
  8. picano

picano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    Nebraska
    I'm not sure if I understand. What you said makes no sense.

If it was "saved to console" (as in purchase details, since the data is definitely on the console itself --- not streamed), rather than "saved on the server" it would be the opposite of how an account system works. There would be no way to verify purchase data except through the original console.

That said, even without an actual account system the Wii still kept records of purchase data server side --- and in some cases, people were able to get games transferred from a dead/stolen console by verifying details from an associated Club Nintendo account. The Wii U, on the other hand, does have an account system (with custom user names / password) but lacks a way to log in from other consoles. (You can link a 3DS, but without assistance from Nintendo, it's currently not possible to use the same NNID on more than 1 of the same console)

9. Shady Guy Jose

Shady Guy Jose GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2008
    Portugal
    What he means is that, since they already store everything server-side, they should just go all the way and make a proper account system.

WolfSaviorZX likes this.
  10. WolfSaviorZX

WolfSaviorZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2013
    United States
    Deleted

Last edited by WolfSaviorZX, Mar 23, 2017