Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BurningDesire, Oct 20, 2016.

1. jaladhjin

jaladhjin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    @BurningDesire
    So.. these 2 statements seem extremely conflicting..

So in the current state of things with Wup Mod Y I could have..

SD:/Install/MK8
    SD:/Install/BoTW
    etc...

& just go right on installing them one by one despite that initial message of one game at a time in the /install/ folder ?

If that's true.. why not remove the message about the one game at a time in the /install/ folder ?

2. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    They aren't conflicting.

If
    you put the files right at the install level, e.g. sd:/install/title.tik sd:/install/0001.app, then you can only have one game at the install directory (since you'd have conflicting file names) but you can use an unenhanced wupinstaller.

Instead, if you use subdirectories, then you can have multiple games under the install directory (since the files don't conflict) but you have to use a version of wupinstaller like mod y, which knows to look for subdirectories.

jaladhjin likes this.
  3. jaladhjin

jaladhjin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I understand.. tyvm :-)

Uhm.. when it comes to the download from Wii USB Helper for example.. what order do I install in when there's a game.. DLC & an update ?

Game 1st.. then DLC 2nd.. Update 3rd ?

Does it matter as long as I install game 1st ?

4. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Doesn't matter, as long as the destination (NAND or USB) is consistent.

jaladhjin likes this.
  5. Xellos2099

Xellos2099 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    I got a question. I got a game that I want to try to install to system memory. Inside the game folder, it got a folder call data and a folder call system. inside data is: code, content and meta. Inside the system is 02, and inside is title.cert, title.tik and title tmd. Can this be installed or is it loadline game? I placed the game folder inside the install infolder but it is nto being detected,

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    It's Loadiine.

Code, content meta = Loadiine
    .app files = WUP installable

If you want to install to system memory google reddit Wii U Usb Helper workaround, you can get practically any Wii U game and official VC game there.

7. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    From experience this is a WUD (retail disc dump) file that has been extracted.

Simply place the 3 files inside the system/02 folder to the data folder, then copy the data folder to you SD CARD/install folder, then use your preferred WUP installer.

Added Notes:
    Ignore the above, I didn't realise the reference to the code, content and meta folder :)

Last edited by xs4all, Jul 26, 2019
  8. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I did not know that, never dealt with a WUD.

9. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    FYI for those reading this, WUD file is pretty much a 1:1 ISO (24GB) of the WiiU retail disk. Normally scene groups releases WiiU games in WUD format or from personal dumps, once extracted the folders contains pretty much the same files (app, h3 and the 3 title files) as you get when using such apps like WiiU USB Helper, then use WUP installer as per normal to install.

Last edited by xs4all, Jul 25, 2019
  10. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    As described by Xellos2099, this is a WUD that was extracted with UWizard or similar, where the content is already extracted, so there aren't any wup-style files in the data folder. The data folder would be Loadiine/CEMU/On-Storage format.

xs4all likes this.
  11. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Ahhh sorry my bad, I missed the CODE, CONTENT and META folder part of his question.

...I swear I didn't see that info when I first read the question :) After re reading it, there it was.

Last edited by xs4all, Jul 25, 2019
    nexusmtz likes this.
  12. rsc-pl

rsc-pl GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Poland
    Is there any way to dump games installed via WUP Installer back to installable format?

13. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    I have not dug into this but there is a couple of methods on the top of head, but it's time consuming and can be difficult for beginners.
    Two methods I can think of is which is for advance users:

FTPiiU Everywhere: Info/Download HERE.
    FTP the Code, Content and Meta folders from the WiiU to your PC, then use NUSPacker to repackage the Loadiine format back to WUP installer. This method is slow because of the slow Wifi speeds of the WiiU, the LAN adapter doesn't make any difference in speed, there is a bottle neck somewhere which limits the transfer speeds.

ddd - WiiU Title Dumper: Info/Download HERE.
    I have not used this so can't comment, going by the info, it can dump the Code, Content and Meta folder, then just use NUSPacker to repackage the files to WUP.

Easiest method:
    Your better off, downloading the games yourself directly using such apps like WiiU USB Helper and/or uTikDownloadHelper, since the file you get are in installable WUP format, there are other apps out there that will do pretty much what these two apps does.

I'm sure there is other ways to do the same as above, but the above is just some ideas.

rsc-pl likes this.
  14. rsc-pl

rsc-pl GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Poland
    That's really the simplest method, but I wanted to dump and backup modded games (undubbed, uncesored etc).

I'll try this, thanks.

15. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    Does NusGrabberGUI still works or not? It downloads incomplete files. Just asking?