Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no, the best solution is to softmod it with CBHC.
it's haxchi, but applied at console boot.

if you install haxchi, you need to manually launch it before launching the game.
if you install CBHC, you just launch the game.

I recommend reading the FAQ stickied in this forum section to learn their differences and how to use them.
I followed the tutorial and installed the lot.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

John2568

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can install in system no problem. but on usb it fails or when it finishes dont show up on main screen.

any advise

John2568

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
working now using 2.0 usb. to update games do i need to disable dns. Also another question is dns diabling still necessary since wii u will not update anymore with the
switch coming out. thanks again

kikukku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hiya guys, wanna ask something

I played xenoblade using disc and downloaded 10gb extra data

Now I want to install wup version of xenoblade

So, what to do in order to keep old save data?
If i just force install it (not delete 10gb extra data), will it cause my wiiu to brick?

Thanks
Ps: sorry for my poor english typing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
working now using 2.0 usb. to update games do i need to disable dns. Also another question is dns diabling still necessary since wii u will not update anymore with the
switch coming out. thanks again
the DNS prevent access to specific URL located on NUS (not all of them). online play and game update should work.
but if it doesn't, you can disable the DNS (temporarily or not).

Is it still necessary? Well, we don't know the future.
the DNS is not only a way to block a known update, but to prevent any future update you might not see in time to prevent its installation.
so, by precaution, re-enable it when you don't need to update a game.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is it possible tp play on line? if so, how? installed a backup of mario kart and when i go into multi player, i can select a character but i cannot go to the next stage as when i press "A", nothing happens, im on a haxci/cbhc machine. thanks in advance guys, any help on this will be very much appreciated

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible tp play on line? if so, how? installed a backup of mario kart and when i go into multi player, i can select a character but i cannot go to the next stage as when i press "A", nothing happens, im on a haxci/cbhc machine. thanks in advance guys, any help on this will be very much appreciated
Did you install the backup using WupInstaller (per the information in this thread), or are you using Loadiine? One of the last things you mentioned was that you wanted to run backups from your SD card, so I don't know what you ended up doing. A real install (from WupInstaller) can go online. Loadiine cannot.

Of course, your internet connection has to be working, so check that with your WiiU's browser just to make sure.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you install the backup using WupInstaller (per the information in this thread), or are you using Loadiine? One of the last things you mentioned was that you wanted to run backups from your SD card, so I don't know what you ended up doing. A real install (from WupInstaller) can go online. Loadiine cannot.

Of course, your internet connection has to be working, so check that with your WiiU's browser just to make sure.

Wup installer. I used the tutorial which recommended Haxchi and cbhb. Ive got another wiiu to hack at some point, probably be this week. I ended up installing the backups to an external hard drive. Every one of them seems to be working fine, just want to play some on line. I used the dns setting from the tutorial. Do I need to edit/install anything?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TudorBlue,

InfamousLuffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, folks I come here seeking for some assitsance with WUP installer MOD Y, I get the error "Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed.
install
Error: Not a game, game update, DLC, Demo or version title"

I've redownloaded the game over 4 times with different NUSGrabbers, and i have formatted my sd cards over 6 times. I used Wii U USB Helper as well, nothing has worked so far.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the dns setting from the tutorial.
Saying "the tutorial" isn't really helpful because I can't know if you're looking at a working and updated tutorial or an old one. Did you test your WiiU's browser? That would tell you if you have a functioning DNS. Setting primary DNS to 35.164.240.189 (from the DNS-U thread) works for me.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saying "the tutorial" isn't really helpful because I can't know if you're looking at a working and updated tutorial or an old one. Did you test your WiiU's browser? That would tell you if you have a functioning DNS. Setting primary DNS to 35.164.240.189 (from the DNS-U thread) works for me.

I used lebrawurschd's tutorial, this one : https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-wiiu-softmod.455414/

Id like to play on line on this wiiu, maybe have a go of setting to gecko too, im struggling with zombi u :(

mikuheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone use this external HDD for Wii U?

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Passpo...qid=1486139583&sr=1-1&keywords=wd+my+passport

Found a good deal for it, but not sure if it will be compatible. I searched the forum for this specific model, and got one dude on here saying his Wii U stopped reading this drive, so i'm a bit weary. Though apparently his other USB stick also stopped reading so i dont know if it was a problem with his Wii U or not....

Sonixier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i have a problem. So, can i install wuds from that iso site? And, i try to extract it with discu. But it requires a gamekey. Where do i get it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you try to extract with discU I guess you got a WUD file?
wud release usually comes with a .nfo text file, or a binary .bin or .dat or .key file containing the key you want.

If not, then that release has been tempered, or is not complete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on