Hacking Wii U USB Helper with 5.5.2

JohnathanWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I just got my Wii U and I don't think the games are priced correctly... If I have homebrew (using the loadiine 5.5.2 method) with wup loader gx2... Do I really need cfw? I don't think you did on 5.5.1, I just wanted to install Nintendo Land USB helper says it's legit and not CFW or something... Please give me some advice, thanks much.

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got my Wii U and I don't think the games are priced correctly... If I have homebrew (using the loadiine 5.5.2 method) with wup loader gx2... Do I really need cfw? I don't think you did on 5.5.1, I just wanted to install Nintendo Land USB helper says it's legit and not CFW or something... Please give me some advice, thanks much.
If USB helper doesn't say that it's CFW. You can install it without patches/CFW.

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a chance of a brick? And what do you mean by patches?I saw a video of someone loading mocha cfw before installing a non cfw game in 5.5.2... Thanks. Should I just install mocha?
Bricking your console using Wup is pretty unlikely as long as you just install games. (Not using Wup GX btw, i just use wup y mod)
Patches will allow you to install and play E-shop/VC games and DLC. Without patches you just get a error message.
If you want to be extra safe, just install on a USB Drive.

I would recommend you to get a exploitable DS game and install Haxchi. (No need to use the browser anymore + it patches your system if you run it)

Last edited by NatsumiX,

JohnathanWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bricking your console using Wup is pretty unlikely as long as you just install games. (Not using Wup GX btw, i just use wup y mod)
Patches will allow you to install and play E-shop/VC games and DLC. Without patches you just get a error message.

I would recommend you to get a exploitable DS game and install Haxchi. (No need to use the browser anymore + it patches your system if you run it)
So have you ever used just USB helper, wup y mod and 5.5.2? I'm pretty sure all the games from usb helper come from the eShop so wouldn't they need patches? And what would happen if I installed a patch without cfw?

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you ever used just USB helper, wup y mod and 5.5.2? I'm pretty sure all the games from usb helper come from the eShop so wouldn't they need patches? And what would happen if I installed a patch without cfw?
With e-shop games i mean games that only exist in the e-shop and not also on disc.
So Apps and Virtual console games.

If you try to install a game/app that requires patching. Wup installer will just give you a error message.
This will also happen if you try to install DLC. Since DLC comes from the e-shop

Last edited by NatsumiX,

JohnathanWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With e-shop games i mean games that only exist in the e-shop and not also on disc.
So Apps and Virtual console games.

If you try to install a game/app that requires patching. Wup installer will just give you a error message.
This will also happen if you try to install DLC. Since DLC comes from the e-shop
Soo wo
uld it be okay to use gx2? Thanks for your help btw

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by NatsumiX,
Reactions: Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum