Hacking Misc Wii U update 5.5.5 and Youtube App questions

DChronos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this forum change, I haven't been here in months. I hope I got this right.

I have a few questions regarding update 5.5.5, and a few about the Wii U Youtube app.

First off, for update 5.5.5, my WiiU was still on 5.5.3 when I put on DNS blocking in the middle of it downloading update 5.5.5, so it never updated... so I have to ask if anyone knows what 5.5.5 did, and if there's anything homebrew or hacking-wise that worked on 5.5.3 that doesn't work after installing 5.5.4 or 5.5.5. If everything still works after those updates, I'll just let it finish the update.

Awhile back, I found this chart thing that showed all update changes for the 3DS, what they actually changed, but never saw one for WiiU.

Second, I want to know if anyone has the Youtube app installed and could try something. About 2 weeks ago after one of their updates, I can't get on but once every few days when it asks "Who's watching"... otherwise it gets frozen on the startup screen, just the Youtube logos... forever. Also, when I do finally get on, if I exit to the Wii U main menu, the whole system crashes.

I need to know if anyone else is experiencing these problems. If you can log in, try closing it and see if it crashes. After you do get on, try to launch the app again for a few days. Usually, over half the time, if I restart and try to open the app again, despite having just been on it, it just freezes at the logo again.... and will do so for a day or 2 or however long it takes to ask me "Who's watching" again.

When I do finally get on, it runs just fine until I try to exit.

Last, I might just do this anyway, but do you know what will happen if I delete the Youtube app's save data? There's like a shared data file that's old, and a save file data that's updated everytime I start the app, and I was thinking of deleting that and seeing if it's the problem.

Thanks for any help.

BeanMKW

certified wii u owner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.5.5 does nothing, in fact if you have cbhc, just uninstall using installer, update to 5.5.5, and reinstall cbhc. for youtube, delete the save

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything works with 5.5.5, but if you use the dns, you still have to use nnu patcher to update games or get on the eshop. as for youtube, it's possible it's no longer supported (don't know). and, your last question, usually you can delete the save data or the app or both. they should be separate when you go to say the youtube app to delete it. click on the icon instead of deleting from the root of the device it's installed to. there should be a save data file and the app itself, so you can delete the save data independently. no need to uninstall cbhc either. I updated from 5.5.1 several months ago, and it didn't affect cbhc. it still worked afterwards.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think, though I'm not sure, that 5.5.5 updated the ssl certificates for use with websites. however, I don't know for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk