Hardware Wii U turns ON but no video

Krost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I have been given a non-working Wii U without the pad.
It turns ON, solid blue led, drive spins, make noise but nothing, no signal output. I tried with both HDMI and AV composite cables.

Does anyone know what could be? Any experience? Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

LyoK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have been given a non-working Wii U without the pad.
It turns ON, solid blue led, drive spins, make noise but nothing, no signal output. I tried with both HDMI and AV composite cables.

Does anyone know what could be? Any experience? Thanks
Yeah I'm having a similar issue. When turned on the blue light blinks once, goes steady, and the disc reader can be heard checking for a disc yet there's no output from either the HDMI or composite cables. Never been modded.

Pineapplecake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add me to the pile with this problem. I received a Wii U from a storage unit that does the same thing as you guys. Boots normal, blue light, disc spins etc but no audio or video on any ports. I have tried HDMI 720/1080i and p, Nintendo AV Cables composite and component video and even my Wii2HDMI adapter but no dice. I have tried cleaning and re-seating the WIFI/BT chips on the bottom and pulling the cmos batt but nothing. To complicate matters it came with a Japanese control pad that I cannot sync due to not being able to see the cards on the screen haha. I tried brute forcing a few guesses but no luck. I have done some basic probing but no cracked joints and no bridged pins on either video output. Caps check out for the most part too on rudimentary "ring to ground" tests. I have looked but cannot find any meaningful sub fuses etc that Nintendo likes to do and without a schematic, I am floating here. I would like to test the wireless chips but outside of getting voltage (they do) I am not sure how to figure out what is wrong. It would be cool if someone here had some ideas of components or TPs to compare. Thanks in advance.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I borrowed a Wii U that did exactly this - HDMI connected, console working, gamepad too, the HDMI port shows as having signal in the TV... Yet no audio/video.

So the one who let me borrow sent it in for repairs, the port is broken apparently.

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe its a problem with the HDMI cable, or maybe the HDMI inputs of your tv are broken, this happened to my old tv. Or maybe, its a problem with the HDMI output of the Wii U console.

EpE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u does play well and displays on older tvs. Problem is that it won't display on the Sony TV, old too but newer than the 720p Bravia. I'm starting to think the 1080p output might be broken. And 1080p on same port. Kinda wierd but that's how the wii u is behaving. It was rarely played bit haven't seen anything online about this even when googleling

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I figured I put this here, for anyone else that googled.
Make sure you have a fresh battery in your Wii U, and then follow this.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-has-no-video-signal-and-no-game-pad-synced-how-i-fixed-it.646731/
Im a bit confused about how using udpih is going to fix a no signal issue. Because I have a wii U here that no longer outputs anything, even the recovery menu does not get pushed to the TV. Even with the options within the recovery menu I was able to use using the switch RCM payload, theres nothing in there about signal output iirc and your "guide" only breifly mentions it as well

MrBerzerk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im a bit confused about how using udpih is going to fix a no signal issue. Because I have a wii U here that no longer outputs anything, even the recovery menu does not get pushed to the TV. Even with the options within the recovery menu I was able to use using the switch RCM payload, theres nothing in there about signal output iirc and your "guide" only breifly mentions it as well
My issue was that my Wii U wasn't even booting far enough to turn on a video signal through hdmi or RGB.
I don't know how it fixed it, it just did.
Once I booted to the SDCard, the video signal started working again, and I was able to fix the console using the UDPIH method.

I was operating completely blind. I waited for the disc drive to finish making noise, then I plugged the Pico in. (After previously putting a fresh battery in the console.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte