On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
image.axd

Source: Strategy Analytics

What do you think? Is 20 million enough for Nintendo? Support for Wii U is already bad, even from Nintendo. Most blockbuster titles are coming to the 3DS and 3rd parties just don't bother anymore.

Reactions: console

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Smash Bros
>Mario kart 8
>SM3D World
>Bayonetta 2
>Wind Waker
>Pikmin 3
>Captain Toad
>Wonderful 101
>SMBU
>LuigiU
>New Zelda out soon
>New Starfox out soon
>Mighty Number 9 out soon

You're right, that's pretty horrible first party/exclusive support right there. :)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Smash Bros
>Mario kart 8
>Bayonetta 2
>Wind Waker
>Pikmin 3
>Captain Toad
>Wonderful 101
>SMBU
>LuigiU
>New Zelda out soon
>New Starfox out soon

You're right, that's pretty horrible first party/exclusive support right there. :)

They're not going to save the Wii U by bringing the same shit they always do and a few exclusives that no one buys.

It's a dismal line-up overall.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
>Smash Bros
>Mario kart 8
>Bayonetta 2
>Pikmin 3
>SM3DW

>New Zelda out soon
>New Starfox out soon

You're right, that's pretty horrible first party support right there. :)

Fixed.

We don't know if Star Fox will actually be good but Xenoblade should be a solid game.

So I wonder what happened to Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Oh, right. 3DS is getting yet another Fire Emblem. :/

RIP SMTxFE

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Titles that didn't save the N64 or the Gamecube will not save the Wii U and chances for multiplatform games on the Wii U shrunk to zero ages ago. If you only have Nintendo games in your repertoire, only Nintendo fans will invest in the system - variety is key. Nintendo needs to get their heads out of their asses and make a system that appeals to everybody, not just their little fan club.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
crap marketting + no third party support = fail for wii U

the first party support is fine. sure, its no 3DS-level support but its not exactly being neglected either.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the wiiu and.its games but I'll admit it has done awful. The best hope it has is to have a legacy like the Dreamcast (another underpowered console that didn't do good and has a following).

Seriously if the console will sell less than 20 mil then they just need to kill it and make a new console that is powerful and better to make games for.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fusion will be out be 2019 anyway :P

Well, whatever they decide to release, anyway. It's possible that "Fusion" is a codename, but I personally don't believe a word of the rumor. It's just to "out there" for a Nintendo console

I am, however, in full support of a portable and main console that work together and potentially come bundled

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, whatever they decide to release, anyway. It's possible that "Fusion" is a codename, but I personally don't believe a word of the rumor. It's just to "out there" for a Nintendo console

I am, however, in full support of a portable and main console that work together and potentially come bundled
Well Nintendo has used codenames for atleast the last 3 gens so the fusion being a fake name isn't weird

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I love the wiiu and.its games but I'll admit it has done awful. The best hope it has is to have a legacy like the Dreamcast (another underpowered console that didn't do good and has a following).

Seriously if the console will sell less than 20 mil then they just need to kill it and make a new console that is powerful and better to make games for.
I hate when people say that about the Dreamcast - that system was neither underpowered nor did it do poorly - it was pulled off the market because SEGA ran out of money and it was either this or bankrupcy. The Dreamcast was carrying the weight after two failed systems, the 32X and the Saturn, it tried valiantly and died prematurely. The Wii U is not in the same league of failure - Nintendo has all the financial backing you could dream of and still fails spectacularly. This is Wii U's third year on the market and so far it shipped approximately 9.2 million units. In the same time frame with SEGA on the verge of bankrupcy with no money to support their console the Dreamcast sold (not shipped!) 10.6 million. What does that tell you?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Nintendo has used codenames for atleast the last 3 gens so the fusion being a fake name isn't weird

Nooooooo no, I mean the alleged technical specifications of the rumored console. They just sound too good to be true. And make that four, actually. N64 was Project Reality, GameCube was Project Dolphin, Wii was Project Revolution, Wii U was Project Cafe, and ?????? will be Project Fusion maybe?

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate when people say that about the Dreamcast - that system was neither underpowered nor did it do poorly - it was pulled off the market because SEGA ran out of money and it was either this or bankrupcy. The Dreamcast was carrying the weight after two failed systems, the 32X and the Saturn, it tried valiantly and died prematurely. The Wii U is not in the same league of failure - Nintendo has all the financial backing you could dream of and still fails spectacularly. This is Wii U's third year on the market and so far it shipped approximately 9.2 million units. In the same time frame with SEGA on the verge of bankrupcy with no money to support their console the Dreamcast sold (not shipped!) 10.6 million. What does that tell you?
First of all the dream cast specs were under powered compared to the GameCube and ps2 and while it wasn't really bad it wasn't what Sega needed to survive. Another thing is sure Nintendo has crap tons of money bit they just Havent done much to stay relevant (kind like mid 80's to 90's Atari)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First of all the dream cast specs were under powered compared to the GameCube and ps2 and while it wasn't really bad it wasn't what Sega needed to survive. Another thing is sure Nintendo has crap tons of money bit they just Havent done much to stay relevant (kind like mid 80's to 90's Atari)
The Gamecube and the Xbox weren't even in the picture at the time - they came later and used technology a generation apart from what the DC and PS2 used, but I digress.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what the wii-u already is :P

Good point, it is Dual Screened, isn't it?

Honestly, I think that no matter what, Nintendo needs to drop the "Wii" brand in their next console line. They MIGHT be able to get away with keeping the "DS" brand for one more generation for recognition's sake, but I think that's about it before they have to think up a new handheld name as well

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.