Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

Nintendo: to launch Wii successor in key markets for year-end

OSAKA, Japan | Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36am EST
(Reuters) - Nintendo will launch a successor to its Wii game console in the U.S. and other key markets in time for the crucial year-end shopping season later this year, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told reporters on Thursday.

He said the WiiU would be launched in the United States, Europe, Australia and Japan for the year-end season.

source

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's hope Nintendo isn't gonna be like: well an iPad costs this much, so if we are a little beneath it, then it's fine. I guess they really need to go for the 200-250 dollars.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lastest engadget also mentioned that nintendo's profits have "slagged" for this last quarter i believe.
they need to roll something else or else they are gonna have some long term issues.

and also, the wii u (exclusives?) like batman need to be released quick or else the hype and want will not be as good

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
More kids toys for X-mas? cool.
What I want to know is what kind of cartoon games will be available?
Kids toys huh...
I will most likely be getting one, and so will lot's of people, just because Nintendo is "Family Fun" or something like that, doesn't mean it's consoles are just for kids, if you can't see past that... You're the real kid. A game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, or are you the type that thinks only war games and stuff that involve death is a 'good' game?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's an amazing lineup of launch-day games, I might consider buying one. I absolutely HATE the controller.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Let's hope Nintendo isn't gonna be like: well an iPad costs this much, so if we are a little beneath it, then it's fine. I guess they really need to go for the 200-250 dollars.
seriously?200-250? sorry to shatter your hopes but .. .....nvm

1Player, on 26 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

More kids toys for X-mas? cool.
What I want to know is what kind of cartoon games will be available?

Kids toys huh...

I will most likely be getting one, and so will lot's of people, just because Nintendo is "Family Fun" or something like that, doesn't mean it's consoles are just for kids, if you can't see past that... You're the real kid. A game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, or are you the type that thinks only war games and stuff that involve death is a 'good' game?
just dont reply to these messages, the kid gets all raged up once you offend him and its results in unnecessary deletion of posts which spoils the integrity and beauty of the thread

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this raises the question: what the hell they will do with the Wii in 2012? Another full year of no releases?

Yeah. It's not like they stopped midstream from a series of huge console releases to go "HEY WE'RE RELEASING A NEW CONSOLE". The Wii is basically dead or at least at death's door, ditching it already would be perfectly acceptable.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here