Wii U to have day 1 firmware update

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bitching dude. Also, complaining is the reason why endings for Mass Effect 3 changed. Nobody thought they'd pay attention, but hey, what do you know, the ending was changed.

I bought the console and I'm looking very forward to it, but it doesn't change the fact that I still wish Nintendo would have added an ethernet port for people in a house situation like me.

Well, I guess that is a better and different way of explaining the situation. Heck, I wish Nintendo had that took into consideration during the making of the 3DS, and thought about people like me who have a visual impairment that prevents us from seeing 3D effects on that machine. I had buyer's remorse, and ended up trading it in for a new 300 GB slim PS3. That's a legit reason and I shouldn't have been such a douche canoe about it (and people probably hate me for having said it) :( What really pisses me off is when people start bitching about the Wii U getting exclusive titles (like Bayonetta 2), or being too "underpowered" compared to current-gen hardware, especially when they have no sources to make their claims irrefutable.

I hope the Wii U will work on my apartment complex's network.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess that is a better and different way of explaining the situation. Heck, I wish Nintendo had that took into consideration during the making of the 3DS, and thought about people like me who have a visual impairment that prevents us from seeing 3D effects on that machine. I had buyer's remorse, and ended up trading it in for a new 300 GB slim PS3. That's a legit reason and I shouldn't have been such a douche canoe about it (and people probably hate me for having said it) :( What really pisses me off is when people start bitching about the Wii U getting exclusive titles (like Bayonetta 2), or being too "underpowered" compared to current-gen hardware, especially when they have no sources to make their claims irrefutable.

I hope the Wii U will work on my apartment complex's network.

We're not really doing that here. I mean I would never consider this a "console killer" but it's something we shouldn't roll over on. I mean if consumers aren't hounding producers to perfect their products then they'll just get worse and worse.

D

Deleted_171835

Well, I guess that is a better and different way of explaining the situation. Heck, I wish Nintendo had that took into consideration during the making of the 3DS, and thought about people like me who have a visual impairment that prevents us from seeing 3D effects on that machine. I had buyer's remorse, and ended up trading it in for a new 300 GB slim PS3. That's a legit reason and I shouldn't have been such a douche canoe about it (and people probably hate me for having said it)
(~Arm73)
Personally , I am really mad at Nintendo for releasing the Game Boy Color.
In case you didn't know:
  • 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency. About 8% of men and 0.4% of women in the US.
  • 0.38% of women are deuteranomalous (around 95% of all color deficient women).
  • 0.005% of the population are totally colour blind.
  • 0.003% of the population have tritanopia.
  • Protanomaly occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranomaly occurs in about 5% of males. It's the most common color deficiency.
  • Protanopia occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranopia occurs in about 1% of males.
Colour blindness is a condition, where the sufferer has diminished ability to perceive differences in colours. Colour blindness is almost never a complete absence of colour vision, where an individual is only able to see shades of grey. Red/green colour blindness is the most common form, attributing to 99 percent of the cases and it is most commonly an inherited condition. There is no treatment for colour blindness, nor is it usually the cause of any significant disability. However it can be frustrating to individuals affected by it. About 8 percent of males have some level of colour blindness and for female the corresponding percentage is 0.4. Colour blindness is diagnosed with the Ishihara colour test, which consists of a series of pictures of coloured spots. The test is most often used to diagnose red/green colour deficiencies. A figure of one or more Arabic digits is embedded in the picture as a number of spots in a slightly different colour and can bee seen with a normal colour vision, but not with a colour defect.
The whole problem started in the 50's when movies began to be in color.
I mean how disrespectful is our society toward color blind people ?
Why does technology have to evolve all the time and bring advanced and more affordable electronics in our lives !
After all, 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency, what did Nintendo do about them so far ! It's disgusting !
Oh yeah , I forgot, color blind people can't recognize colors in real life either, it doesn't make any difference........
Oh , yeah, people with bad vision in on eye have trouble with depth perception in real life as well.....but wait, just like you can turn off the colors on your fancy TV, it's been reported ( but not officially confirmed ) the those new 3D screens will have an option to be switched to 2D anytime.

Goddamn Nintendo.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least with the Wii U, no one has to worry about 3D. My left eye has 20/150 vision, which is why I had no use for the 3DS, but I don't have to worry about it this time! Nintendo should have really considered that many people have a visual defect of some kind or another, but whatever. As for hacking, this system has great potential to emulate consoles very well, and that's all I'm going to say about that; it will a very long time before it happens, especially since the update is available on day one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least with the Wii U, no one has to worry about 3D. My left eye has 20/150 vision, which is why I had no use for the 3DS, but I don't have to worry about it this time! Nintendo should have really considered that many people have a visual defect of some kind or another, but whatever. As for hacking, this system has great potential to emulate consoles very well, and that's all I'm going to say about that; it will a very long time before it happens, especially since the update is available on day one.

>Turn 3D off
>Some second step
>????
>Profit!

The first thing I'd do with the 3DS is turn the fucking 3D off. I'm certainly not buying it for that.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a problem with not using the 3d....why would the option to turn it off be there?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed like the least important thing on the system honestly. If you enjoy headaches and horrible battery life then I suggest using it.

If you enjoy playing games I suggest you turn it off.

Well, I can't afford a 3DS right now, seeing as I'm getting a Wii U; my wallet will be crying till the cows come home.

If there was a problem with not using the 3d....why would the option to turn it off be there?

Isn't the whole point of the 3DS to use the 3D? If it didn't have 3D, wouldn't it just be called the 2DS?

Anyway, the Wii U will satisfy my portable needs, seeing as many games will support it.

D

Deleted_171835

It seemed like the least important thing on the system honestly. If you enjoy headaches and horrible battery life then I suggest using it.

Well I have to disagree there. 3D is one of the best things on the system (for me). The effect is absolutely amazing for immersing yourself in games such as Kid Icarus and MGS3D and it enhances gameplay in Mario 3D Land.

And headaches don't happen after the first time you try it...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have to disagree there. 3D is one of the best things on the system (for me). The effect is absolutely amazing for immersing yourself in games such as Kid Icarus and MGS3D and it enhances gameplay in Mario 3D Land.

But that'd require me to play MGS3D so I'd rather just play a good version of the game.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the whole point of the 3DS to use the 3D? If it didn't have 3D, wouldn't it just be called the 2DS?

I wouldn't say it is "the point" per say. The 3D is merely a feature, a nice little graphical feature but thats about as far as it goes. While I can understand its a fucker for you not being able to get everything out of a 3DS it is not like they made a system that required 3 hands to use or something

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess you're right on that, it didn't help that I bought it during the launch window, and the only decent game was Street Fighter IV 3D, so that only exacerbated the buyer's remorse. But the inability of seeing that effect made me think I made a mistake in purchasing the device, so like I said, I got a PS3 by trading it in instead, which I thought was a better investment IMHO. I don't want buyer's remorse on the 18th.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Honestly, I never play the 3DS without turning the 3D on. Except for New Super Mario Bros 2 because it all becomes blurry. But the 3D effect never bothers me, and the amount of time it takes for my 3DS to die is longer than I can play a game for before I start having mental blocks and shit. It works out pretty perfectly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't NEED the 3D to play games.
but you NEED hands to hold the console and press the buttons; what a shame Nintendo force players to have arms and hands! they don't think about incapacitated and one-armed persons, hopefully other manufacturer think about them.
/sarcasm

The 3D (or depth effect) never gave me headache. when I switch it off, I feel something is missing.
Sometime I see a ghosting effect if the effect is too big, so I slide it to the less I can to still retain the depth effect without it being too strong.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't NEED the 3D to play games.
but you NEED hands to hold the console and press the buttons; what a shame Nintendo force players to have arms and hands! they don't think about incapacitated and one-armed persons, hopefully other manufacturer think about them.
/sarcasm

You can play some Wii games with one hand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...