Hacking Wii U Theory: Permanent Sigpatches Without CHBC Or CFW?

aplumafreak500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Basically, what I'm proposing is: What if we could install titles to SysNAND (under CFW) that could ignore signature checks (kinda like the Wii's Trucha Bug Restorer) and make future installs of system titles more safe? I don't know very much about the Wii U's system functions (IOSU, etc.) but maybe someone might be able to achieve this. Of course, we would have to watch carefully for updates, as it could cause an instant brick, but as a more temporary solution, we could play around with system titles, install themes, remove things like Wii U Chat, etc.

TL;DR What if we had something like the Trucha Bug Restorer for Wii U?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there has to be a Truncha bug to start with to restore, seeing as there is no public exploits that work like the truncha bug to begin with then there is nothing to restore

signatures mean you can't just insert your own made up exploits, the exploit has to exist on itself

D

Deleted User

Alright, theory time.
Permament sigpatches without CFW?
Hm, boot0/boot1 needs to be exploited. Definitely.
I don't see it any other way around unless somebody manages to 100% modify Wii U OS then successfully redump it back to NAND.
[Which would remove the risk of brick from reinstalling system titles and other stuff, but who would modify whole Wii U's OS just to achieve that?]

System titles? Hm, the safest way would be using some homebrew that was especially created to install system titles. Or something that would boot to Wii U Menu by force after installing one of these. [Still, no need to reinstall system titles unless you want a modified Mii Maker/Daily Log and other apps]

Trucha Bug? /Eh, we wouldn't even need that, i think?/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.