Hacking Wii U System Update - Error Code 105-3102

mranonymous123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

I haven't used my Wii U in months...probably since Christmas time. I turned her on today and noticed it wasn't connecting to the internet. I re-set up the WiFi connection successfully and attempted to download the latest system update, 3.0.1 and I get Error Code 105-3102. I am currently on 2.1.0 U.

I searched the Nintendo site and it says that I have to call Nintendo, which I did. The nice girl in tech support told me that I would need to send my Wii U in for repairs and that this issue is usually caused by having homebrew in the Virtual Wii channel. She even mentioned that if there was any homebrew on it, even if it was uninstalled or copied over from the Wii using the data transfer, it's "still there" and Nintendo would just ship it back to me unfixed.

I do have the Homebrew Channel and USBLoader GX installed there. I've successfully updated in the past. I tried moving the homebrew channels from the virtual Wii console to my SD card and then removing the SD card with no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix this short of sending my unit in for repair? Could I have been flagged on the Nintendo servers that would prevent me from getting the update?

All I wanted to do was watch Netflix, which apparently wasn't downloaded initially and won't let me until I update.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Mr. A.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
She might have said that just to scare you.

Try setting the DNS servers manually.

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

And disconnect any other WiFi devices while doing the update.

mranonymous123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She might have said that just to scare you.

Try setting the DNS servers manually.

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

And disconnect any other WiFi devices while doing the update.

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that before calling.

I decided to format my system and still no luck. I'll call Nintendo on Tuesday as they are closed today for the holiday.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you google the error code you will see it was a big issue with consoles in japan where it would not let them update firmware or enter the Eshop.

I did see someone mention that they issued a patch for it and got to it by going into wii mode and downloading the patch from the wii shop there.
I assume this was the Japanese patch but it might be there for U.S. consoles as well. It's worth a shot.

Also seen a post where someone said they just formatted the memory and then it would update again but you said you tried that and had no luck.

mranonymous123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mranonymous123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to update everyone... I sent my Wii U back to Nintendo and they replaced the entire unit. The repair slip said they were able to duplicate the issue and needed to replace affected components...which I guess means the whole thing.

In any event, I'm happy I have a working Wii U again. Too bad I formatted the thing to remove any reference to Homebrew.

Thanks for the support!

Reactions: Zetta_x

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had installed the HBC and various things to my virtual Wii as well. I did not use my system since around Christmas, then went to play it since my son did all his chores and made me happy. I was going to reward him with playing some games on the Wii-U. I turned it on and just got a flashing blue light and thats it. I fiddled with it for an hour then called Nintendo and had it sent in for repair. I got a system back within a week and it was good to go again. I have not checked to see if it was a new system or simply fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....