Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.1 is out now.

Fatalframe4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.”

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it in the FAQ thread and I'll say it here. It's not safe to update. The bug itself was patched, and so we'll need to find a new one, but until then you're out of luck. Shouldn't be that difficult though since Webkit is full of bugs. But until then: USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS BLOCKING UPDATES. I have one of the URLs you should block in the FAQ but if you need to block IPs then nobody's sure what you need to block.

EDIT: A more complete list is here for IPs.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#Known_User_Agent_Strings Updated the user strings page, (thanks to crediar), they updated their version of the browser but are still stuck on that really old version of WebKit.

So, they need to start finding another bug? this will make the kernel mode exploit developement slower?

EDIT:Huntereb I'm in 5.0.0 too :D , It is the same that been in 4.1.0 for the exploit, we need the Espresso and Starbuck kernel exploit now...

Now I think, it could be better focus in having IOSU access, when we get that, it would be better relase the new exploit because Nintendo will be fixing the exploit for a lot of time...

Reactions: Huntereb

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I see it, but I'm unaffected, wathever how he did it, my router is properly configurated, my WiiU attempts to download the update, but IPS and URLs are blocked, so it always fails.
I used yhe same method from 4.1.0 and I never had update done without my permission.

Mine too, but I really want homebrew, I've gone offline, only to be sure, I hope with the homebrew we get a block auto update app...

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Mine too, but I really want homebrew, I've gone offline, only to be sure, I hope with the homebrew we get a block auto update app...

Actually, we need to be online to run a homebrew from the browser exploit :rofl2:

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hahaha, good joke :), but now seriusly, Nintendo will not give us the opportunity of running Homebrew as easy was the Wii, we need to be very careful, I will only go online to use the exploit...

I like messing with danger :evil: I know I correctly entered infos on my router, I don't have scares about "updating while I'm not aware of it".

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I like messing with danger :evil: I know I correctly entered infos on my router, I don't have scares about "updating while I'm not aware of it".

OK, do what you want, It's strange that it will update, but I repeat, only to be sure, anyway, it's useless posting the same thing every post, so I will not post antmore for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning