Wii U System Software Update 5.1.0 is Live

GolfDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes 5.1 is out for the USA..

has WiiU to WiiU System Transfer Ability...

The Wii U to Wii U system transfer feature, implemented with the system update released July 21st, 2014, allows you to transfer content from one Wii U to another Wii U. Content from the source console, including any users, Nintendo Network IDs, save data, and digital content, will replace that on the target console.

As part of the system transfer process:

All content from a Wii U must be transferred. You cannot transfer just a single user or Nintendo Network ID through this process
All content on the target Wii U will be lost when the console is formatted and replaced by the content from the source Wii U, with the exception of Wii Menu content, Internet connection settings, TV settings, Wii U GamePad TV Remote settings, and Wii Remote and Wii U GamePad pairing
The source Wii U will be formatted once the transfer is complete
Nintendo Network IDs that previously existed on the target Wii U can be relinked after the transfer How to
If these Nintendo Network IDs are relinked, content purchased by them on the target Wii U will become available for download. The save data for IDs that previously existed on the target system will be deleted as part of the system transfer process, and any USB Storage devices that were previously used will need to be formatted to work with the Wii U again
There is a limit of 12 Nintendo Network IDs that can be linked to a single Wii U at one time
Wii Menu digital content is transferred, but it is not deleted from the target Wii U. Wii Menu digital content from both consoles will be combined

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983/p/431

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo Wii U System Software Version 5.1.0 U is now available via an Internet connection and includes the following improvements:

New Features:
  • Wii U to Wii U System Transfer
    • Users can now transfer (move) all software and data from one Wii U to another
    • A “System Transfer” option has been added within System Settings
Changes to Nintendo eShop:
  • Users can now navigate the Nintendo eShop using a Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller
Improvements to system stability and usability:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
This system software updates vWii channel as well.

I can confirm that HBC is still working fine.
crediar has confirmed that the Wii U browser was NOT updated.

Source

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone please test and confirm whether its safe to transfer a vwii modded wii u to another wii u? I need to know because the newer wii u models disc drives make less noise than the early ones and i want to replace mine.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the OP Crediar confirmed that the web browser wasn't updated which is good.

As for vWii issues, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation on whether or not they exist. I would wait it out and avoid updating for now until we know for sure what the update affects (if anything)

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone please test and confirm whether its safe to transfer a vwii modded wii u to another wii u? I need to know because the newer wii u models disc drives make less noise than the early ones and i want to replace mine.

Is that true? My disc drive is loud and from launch. I wanna get a white one D:

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its true. I had bought the zelda bundle when wii u was still bombing to take the limited edition gamepad. And when i tested the console it was a lot less hard on the ears than the one I have. ISSUE Was , i couldnt transfer content so i had to sell the new console with my old gamepad. I was lucky becauze i bought it before mk8 and sold it after mk 8. So the value increased a lot and made a profit despite selling it with my used non limited edition gamepad.

I dont think the white basic models have had any new revisions tho. They possibly have the loud drives

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its true. I had bought the zelda bundle when wii u was still bombing to take the limited edition gamepad. And when i tested the console it was a lot less hard on the ears than the one I have. ISSUE Was , i couldnt transfer content so i had to sell the new console with my old gamepad. I was lucky becauze i bought it before mk8 and sold it after mk 8. So the value increased a lot and made a profit despite selling it with my used non limited edition gamepad.

I dont think the white basic models have had any new revisions tho. They possibly have the loud drives

I have a basic model yet my disc drive is fairly quiet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?