Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
i am having a problem with Gamecube Injections on the Wii U. Basically after starting a Gamecube Injection, in my case its paper mario thousand year door, on my Wii U Menu the console goes to the vWii and after a few seconds it just shuts down. I am using TeconMoons Wii VC Injector. When making Wii Injections with the Injector everything is working fine but the Gamcube Injections arent working. By the way when going manually to Nintendont the game is running. Since i dont have a Gamecube Controller i cant press any buttons and therefore i am stuck in the warning screen, but the game runs. I also tried the Wii U USB Helper Injecton with Mario Sunshine a long time ago, but i dont know if the Wii U shut down, like with paper mario or just had a blackscreen and i had to force a shutdown. If it helps i can try the Wii U USB Helper Injection again and see what result i get.

Here is what i do, i do not know what i am doing wrong.

1: Generating Nintendont Config File
2: Check Memcard Emulation, Auto Video With and Wii U Widescreen
3: Build Title, put it on the install Folder on the SD Card
4: Go into Mocha CFW and install game with WUP Installer GX2 onto my Harddrive
5: Starting the game and then it crashes.

Would be really thankful if anyone could help me out i am pretty much clueless why its not working.
Thanks

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please detach all USB devices (except the HDD and maybe a LAN adapter) before trying to start a GC game. Does it help? Also if it's showing a black screen give it some time.

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it but it still doesnt work. I tried the USB Helper Injector but with this injection i just get a black screen. I tried reinstalling Nintendont but now the Wii U shuts down even if i try to boot the game manually with Nintendont from the vWii. Is something wrong with my Nintendont or with my Wii U?

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a old post but this started to happen to me idk why it would but it would happen then I would just keep trying and it worked

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my injects working then they suddenly stopped, updating Nintendont fixed it somehow. Also had issues with the Mayflash adapter causing a black screen. Disconnecting it before the game launched fixed that too. Those are the only ones I’m aware of

Reactions: Kopimist

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found out the problem it's a power issue I know this because i was playing a GameCube game on gamepad super Mario sunburn to be exact and my gamepad was running low on juice so I charged it then bam Wii u shut down so it's issues with power idk how to fix it except unplug your usbs and don't play while your charging your gamepad.

Reactions: Kopimist

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having this same issue, but only with certain titles, namely:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Tetris Worlds
Mario Smash Football
The Simpsons: Hit & Run

(all are PAL region ISOs)

I use TeconMoon's Injector & WUP Installer GX2 to install. Here's what I check on the Nintendont config:

1657754465774.png

Double Dash, Tetris and Mario Football all just blackscreen and then power off the console. The Simpsons just appears as ??? on the Wii U menu screen.

Meanwhile, the following GC games all work fine for me (using the same above installation method):

Super Mario Sunshine
Pokemon Colosseum
F-ZERO GX
The Simpsons: Road Rage
SSX Tricky
SSX 3
1080 Avalanche

Good thing I like my snowboarding games ;)

Nintendont is up-to-date (I used TeconMoon's program to install the update via the SD card). The only other possibly relevant thing I can think of is that I haven't installed CFW on the vWii, only the Wii U itself (although, why would that affect some games and not others if that is what the problem is?)

Anyone know what could be going wrong?

Last edited by Willicious,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have theories but not sure:
The Simpsons just appears as ??? on the Wii U menu screen.
Most likely caused by the & character. Try changing the title to
Code:
First line: The Simpsons
Second line: Hit and Run
in Teconmoon's Injector.

For the other titles:
Try disabling Force Widescreeen, Force Progressive and Wii U Widescreen.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try changing the title to
Code:
in Teconmoon's Injector.

Thanks! I'll give this a go later.

For the other titles:

Is there a way to do this per-game?

From what I understand, the options in Teconmoon's injector are applied to Nintendont as a general config which affects all games. I could be totally wrong about this, of course, but either way it isn't entirely clear which settings are affecting which games. It's possible to open the "Nintendont SD Card Menu" config options many times, and they reset each time.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having this same issue, but only with certain titles, namely:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Tetris Worlds
Mario Smash Football
The Simpsons: Hit & Run

(all are PAL region ISOs)

I use TeconMoon's Injector & WUP Installer GX2 to install. Here's what I check on the Nintendont config:

View attachment 317864

Double Dash, Tetris and Mario Football all just blackscreen and then power off the console. The Simpsons just appears as ??? on the Wii U menu screen.

Meanwhile, the following GC games all work fine for me (using the same above installation method):

Super Mario Sunshine
Pokemon Colosseum
F-ZERO GX
The Simpsons: Road Rage
SSX Tricky
SSX 3
1080 Avalanche

Good thing I like my snowboarding games ;)

Nintendont is up-to-date (I used TeconMoon's program to install the update via the SD card). The only other possibly relevant thing I can think of is that I haven't installed CFW on the vWii, only the Wii U itself (although, why would that affect some games and not others if that is what the problem is?)

go to the saves folder on the sd card, im sure you might have some badly created save files check for any 0kb file, also nintendont uses global settings so if you are forcing stuff like videomodes/widescreens/width and whatnot they might not be compatible with all the games. you should always have a solo nintendont forwarder that manualy boots games on wiiu menu that way you can change your settings and see what works with each game.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try changing the title to
Code:
in Teconmoon's Injector.

This worked! Thank you :)

At least widescreen is disableable at Teconmoon's Advanced tab. So this option might be enough to make the games work but I would confirm by changing Nintendonts global settings first.

I tried a few things with this, but none of them worked. The games remain unplayable unfortunately. I have restored the global settings for now until I can figure out a way to tweak settings on the fly (i.e. without having to remove the SD card, re-build the games, etc.)

go to the saves folder on the sd card, im sure you might have some badly created save files check for any 0kb file

Willing to try anything at this stage. Please can you elaborate on this?

you should always have a solo nintendont forwarder that manualy boots games on wiiu menu that way you can change your settings and see what works with each game.

Yes! This is what I'm looking to do. From what I understand though, Tiramisu doesn't like forwarders/launchers. Also, it's not entirely clear how to get Nintendont running as a standalone app. It seems to be built into (something), only loading when it's called upon to do so by launching a game.

Total noob with all of this btw, but willing to learn.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This worked! Thank you :)

I tried a few things with this, but none of them worked. The games remain unplayable unfortunately. I have restored the global settings for now until I can figure out a way to tweak settings on the fly (i.e. without having to remove the SD card, re-build the games, etc.)

Willing to try anything at this stage. Please can you elaborate on this?

Yes! This is what I'm looking to do. From what I understand though, Tiramisu doesn't like forwarders/launchers. Also, it's not entirely clear how to get Nintendont running as a standalone app. It seems to be built into (something), only loading when it's called upon to do so by launching a game.

Total noob with all of this btw, but willing to learn.
well elaborate on opening your sd card on pc go to saves and check if there is a 0kb file there? is harder to elaborate more lol

here is a solo nintendont forwarder https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qa...28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file

do recall to save setting you must start a game so you need to put an iso on sd card or else the settings wont be saved.

press x/1 to go to settings, change them and then press x/1 again to go to game list and then start a agme from there.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A bit off topic but I would use FTP instead of putting the card in and out all the time. Simply to not wear out the slot mechanics.

Please can you elaborate on this?
Connect to your Wii U by FTP. Navigate to /sd/saves/. Look for any .raw file with a filesize of 0 byte and delete it.

//EDIT: Also what's your memory card size setting in Nintendont and one card for all games or different emulation for different games? (Asking cause bigger card sizes might give issues, so it's better to use different, small cards for different games instead of emulating one big card for all games)

Last edited by V10lator,

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

OK, thanks! I'll give this a try. I'm guessing I install it using WUP Installer GX2? Will it work without having removed the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file (which I believe interferes with forwarders/launchers)?

do recall to save setting you must start a game so you need to put an iso on sd card or else the settings wont be saved.

press x/1 to go to settings, change them and then press x/1 again to go to game list and then start a agme from there.

Thanks for the tip. Do I need to do this every time I launch Nintendont, or will the settings be saved once I've set them via this method?

A bit off topic but I would use FTP instead of putting the card in and out all the time. Simply to not wear out the slot mechanics.

Yes, I am getting a bit concerned about how many times I've had to remove and replace the SD card whilst installing and testing games. Question, though: what's FTP? I'm guessing File Transfer Protocol?

Connect to your Wii U by FTP.

I've never used FTP before, how exactly is this done?

//EDIT: Also what's your memory card size setting in Nintendont and one card for all games or different emulation for different games? (Asking cause bigger card sizes might give issues, so it's better to use different, small cards for different games instead of emulating one big card for all games)

Hmm.... I'm not actually sure whether the setting is global or per-game, or how I would even know. What I do know is that I set the config file to 251 block memory card. Happy to try 59, but would that mean re-building all the games from scratch? I only have 15 so far, so I guess it wouldn't take that long, but if there's a better way to test it I'm all ears.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, thanks! I'll give this a try. I'm guessing I install it using WUP Installer GX2? Will it work without having removed the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file (which I believe interferes with forwarders/launchers)?

Thanks for the tip. Do I need to do this every time I launch Nintendont, or will the settings be saved once I've set them via this method?

Yes, I am getting a bit concerned about how many times I've had to remove and replace the SD card whilst installing and testing games. Question, though: what's FTP? I'm guessing File Transfer Protocol?

Hmm.... I'm not actually sure whether the setting is global or per-game, or how I would even know. What I do know is that I set the config file to 251 block memory card. Happy to try 59, but would that mean re-building all the games from scratch? I only have 15 so far, so I guess it wouldn't take that long, but if there's a better way to test it I'm all ears.
settings will be permanently saved, but the settings like i said are global so it will affect every inject you have and every game, every time you want to change them you will have to do that.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what to reply to this. Servers have descriptions on how to use (which are most of the time: Start it like any other homebrew). Clients... Well, depends on the client you use... Or do you want to know the details of the protocol itself?

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what to reply to this. Servers have descriptions on how to use (which are most of the time: Start it like any other homebrew). Clients... Well, depends on the client you use... Or do you want to know the details of the protocol itself?

A lot of this is new to me. My PC-usage background is mostly in making music, and I play video games casually. I am generally considered the "tech savvy one" in my circles, but that really isn't saying much tbh! I have a lot to learn when it comes to getting mucky with the more advanced stuff like servers, programming, etc.

I guess what I'm really asking is: how do you do FTP with Wii U? Following in the steps of someone who has already successfully set things up is a good way to learn something new, particularly when it's unfamiliar territory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head