Wii U + SD memory card + Sky TV Box (UK commercial satellite TV)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wiimanofthenorth, May 10, 2016.

1. wiimanofthenorth
    OP

wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2011
    This made me scratch my head.

My Wii U, TV, and SKY TV BOX are all hooked up to the same Amp.

I still had the TV and Amp set to show me what the Sky box was set to. For arguments sake, lets say BBC 1. No menus or anything selected. The Wii U set to standby (Red light).

I was putting the SD card back in the Wii U, and suddenly the Sky menus popped up on the TV, and went crazy. Sliding through and selecting options. A lot faster than I ever could do from my remote. I had thought my wife had sat on the remote. Then it turned out, I couldn't control the Sky box with the remote. So I had to do the IT thing, and turn the Sky box off and on again.

Sky box is then back to normal.

It wasn't until I did something else to the SD card, that the same thing happened again, but this time didn't crash the Sky box.

I came to realise that putting the SD card in the Wii U slot, and waggling it around a little bit as it's being put in and taken out, but never fully in place, makes the Sky box go crazy. I'm guessing it's something to do with the electrics, and the possibility to control a Sky box through HDMI. (Normally meant for the TV to do of course.)

It did have me wondering what the hell was going on at first though!

I'm just wondering, if anyone else has noticed this, "feature"?