Hardware Wii U refuses to update, Sent to Nintendo and rejected

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current predicament is that my Wii U system still refuses to update. The current version number is 5.1.2U and I haven't been able to play any games from Smash 4 up. I called Nintendo to get a warranty claim on the machine, but they returned it back stating that there was an "Illegal Channel" on the system. I have reason to believe that doing the Wii to Wiiv transfer might've brought some Homebrew things along, but don't think that could be the big problem.

At this point, what I'm able to do is access the system, play only two games (New Super Mario U, Mario Kart 8), and do anything else that doesn't require the Gamepad. I cannot sync the gamepad as it shows up as an error and to restart the machine, resulting in a loop of the same error message. I cannot access the System Settings and cannot change much else. I'm lucky enough that it does have internet connect where I'm at, but I cannot have it hook up to other Hotspots.

I've tried to update it via disk from Midnight Release Smash 4 (which was sad that I couldn't play it, and still can't), but it hangs at 1% for hours on end. Trying to update it via playing the two games just soft bricks the machine until restart. I didn't have a use to play the Wii U as those are the only games I have, but recently Splatoon came out and I'm interested. I do not want to dish out another 300$ that I don't have just to play one game, so I ask for help on figuring out how to fix this problem.

I have not attempted to hack into the Wii U yet. I have not tampered with the hardware hoping that a future Homebrew update could restore it.

Thank you, and I hope I can get this headache fixed. I do not know enough about how this system works.

(Note: I have been using a Wii Remote with Classic Controller to access menus. Not the Gamepad)

Attachments

• helpssss.png
    helpssss.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 443

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a transfer from the Wii to the Wii U's WiiV. The Wii had been hacked before I did the transfer.

I have not modified the Wii U system in anyway except for the Wii to Wii U Virtual Wii data transfer.

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, please post a syscheck of your ios so you can be helped

I don't know exactly how to post a syscheck on a system that hasn't been modified yet.

Yes it s an IOS or cios problem, there a tutorial on how to fix it in one of these threads, it been a month since i seen it

I think I'll work on that. That sounds better than sitting around waiting for it to update on it's own when it hasn't. I'll go try it.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know exactly how to post a syscheck on a system that hasn't been modified yet.

I think I'll work on that. That sounds better than sitting around waiting for it to update on it's own when it hasn't. I'll go try it.
you did do a transfer from a moded system to another so its very possible its one of the ios. if you have brawl for wii, I sugest you use it to load syscheck

Reactions: Alfy Attack

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you did do a transfer from a moded system to another so its very possible its one of the ios. if you have brawl for wii, I sugest you use it to load syscheck

I did a transfer from a modded system to an unmodded system. I didn't think of the ios, so I'm going to attempt a Smash Stack and see where things go from there. Update the NAND too.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Reactions: keven3477

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This still does not explain why you cannot sync your gamepad.
There must have been something else you have done besides transfer content from your Wii to vWii.
Are you sure you aren't forgetting some previous steps?

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This still does not explain why you cannot sync your gamepad.
There must have been something else you have done besides transfer content from your Wii to vWii.
Are you sure you aren't forgetting some previous steps?

Nothing that I can think of. I did the transfer, the console was a-okay. I put it in a box for a while, took it out when Smash 4 came out, and it didn't want to sync anymore. The Gamepad is 100%, just the console doesn't want to sync it up.

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about wiimote does that sync, also you can sync controllers via home menu wiiu and a red button on the wiiu, have you tried syncing with both.

It allows me to easily sync the Wii Remotes. Pressing the red button a second time results in an error that just asks to restart the machine, "if the problem persists, contact Nintendo." That kind of thing.

I've already installed Homebrew on WiiV after trying to boot to WiiV failing several times. Still going.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a long shot but I just thought of something. I have two Wii Us and one gampad. When I try to sync the GP to the other console it fails if the other synced console is still plugged in even if they are to far apart to use. Is there any chance there is another Wii U close enough, like say 100 yards or so, that could be interfering?

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a long shot but I just thought of something. I have two Wii Us and one gampad. When I try to sync the GP to the other console it fails if the other synced console is still plugged in even if they are to far apart to use. Is there any chance there is another Wii U close enough, like say 100 yards or so, that could be interfering?

I would like that to be the problem, but the Wii U's Error lies in not being able to even access the pairing screen for the Game Pad. I've tried it at three different locations, so I don't think that could be the cause.

well no but installin ioses and wads does. please post a syscheck of your ios so you can be helped

Did a syscheck

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region unknown
The system menu v545 is running under IOS58 (rev 6432)
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 615153832
Boot2 v0
Found 72 titles
Found 32 IOS on this console
No IOS Stub on this console

IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0
IOS9 (rev 1290),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS12 (rev 782),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS13 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS14 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS15 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS17 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS21 (rev 1295),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS22 (rev 1550),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS28 (rev 2063),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS31 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS33 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS34 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS35 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS37 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS38 (rev 4380),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS41 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS43 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS45 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS46 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS48 (rev 4380),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS53 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS55 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS56 (rev 5918),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS57 (rev 6175),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS58 (rev 6432),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS59 (rev 9249),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS62 (rev 6942),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS80 (rev 7200),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS249 (rev 21010),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled
IOS250 (rev 21010),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled
IOS251 (rev 21010),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled

Report generated on 2014/01/24

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ios 59 should be rev 7201

Thank you! I'm not too familiar with this system without destroying anything, can you point me in the right direction as to how I can go about fixing this issue? And could this be what's causing the whole mess up? As far as I'm concerned, as soon as the whole system updates, I believe I should be okay.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'm not too familiar with this system without destroying anything, can you point me in the right direction as to how I can go about fixing this issue? And could this be what's causing the whole mess up? As far as I'm concerned, as soon as the whole system updates, I believe I should be okay.
ibelieve ios 59 may be the problem. Another user had the same problem as you and one of the ioses he had different was 59. after he removed them the update work.

Last edited by keven3477,

Alfy Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibelieve ios 59 may be the problem. Another user had the same problem as you and one of the ioses he had different was 59. after he removed them the update work.

How can I go about changing the rev values? Is there an app that modifies the values, or do I need WADs for each individual iOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1