Wii U refuses to open my pendrive, all my saves lost

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OriginalHamster, Sep 21, 2014.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Error code: 150-3230
    I have stored all my games and saves on a 32gb pendrive, yesterday the last thing I did was playing Batman Origins, now I power on the console and there's no games, no saves no game updates, nothing. I had around 100 hours of gameplay saves, really disheartening. The console still detects the pendrive as a Wii U formated device, but can't open it, when I go to system settings a screen displaying the error code appears error code 150-3230.

There's is not info in Nintendo supportt page about this error.

I read that the damn Batman delete saves, but it went overboard and delete (or corrupted) the whole device.
    I'm from Chile so no way I can contact Nintendo, much less, send my system to them.

Not sure if I would perform a disk check on PC trying to find bad sectors or something, probably at lost because we don't know Wii U storage file structure ;(

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Damn, that sucks you've got all your data corrupted but Nintendo did say for people to not use USB sticks.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/la...general_info&submenu=wup-external-usb-storage

I've got the 32GB Wii U and still have 20GB-ish free (mostly because I don't download anything nor am I allowed to install the game data on the storage of Wii U unfortunately) otherwise it'd be full and I'd use one of my 80GB/160GBs HDDs.

3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    They recommend it for different reasons. Unless the WiiU does a SHITTON of writes to the USB media for some reason it shouldn't matter that much.

4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    My guess is the drive file system is damaged. file table whipped perhaps. This is why i backup my saves on small usb flash drives. Nintendo should do a cloud storage for saves.