Wii U ranking jumps over 875% on Amazon UK after Xbox One announcement

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, to contribute to the Xbox One down trend, seems like it'll be also Region Locked (sause)

...I actually don't even know if the 360 was region free (since I don't own one) but whatever :P

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, to contribute to the Xbox One down trend, seems like it'll be also Region Locked (sause)

...I actually don't even know if the 360 was region free (since I don't own one) but whatever :P
Who cares about region locking? EU/US will have the same releases and it's not like Xbox One will have exclusive games in Japan seeing how incredibly unpopular Xbox is over there.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares about region locking? EU/US will have the same releases and it's not like Xbox One will have exclusive games in Japan seeing how incredibly unpopular Xbox is over there.
developers may chose not to ship to EU, or they might not have a division on EU...

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I prefered Xenobades over Last Story but I am not a JRPG enthusiast so my gripes with the game were minor. That being said, it was far from a perfect game

Furthermore, the Wii remote began its life in 2001 when Miyamoto wanted to do a motion control controler for Wind Waker. It was supposed to be a GameCube addon. I wouldn't go as far as saying Sony steals every Nintendo Idea because that simply is not true. The truth of the matter is that all videogame companies inspire each other. It just happens that Nintendo is most of the time the one that starts a trend. And sometimes the last to hop onto a trend like HD and online, something they really screwed up with, where Sony and MS were the innovators.

A free market is a good thing and trust me when I say this, WE NEED ALL THREE CONSOLE MANUFACTURERS because if there is one thing I learned from the past it's the fact that the less versatility we have, the more monopoly a single manufacturer gets, the worse gaming becomes.

The Xbone is a serious sign of what's wrong with gaming in general but it is nothing new. If you were around for the old days and knew about nintendos own policies regarding games you know what I mean. Those were hardly the good old days back then. And like back then, gamers nowadays just fight about what console is the best, a riddiculous argument since taste is different and technical specs dont matter - never in the history of gaming has the strongest console won - instead of uniting in the common stand that we as customers should not be fucked over.

Companies like EA are the ones that strike deals with MS and Sony to bring that DRM shit to their system. MS couldn't care less about used games or piracy since they produce the console you need to play those games on. But the big publishers care and they threaten the manufacturers to stop developing games for their system if they dont do their bidding. Nintendor efused and EA jumped ship, only to be reprimanded by Disney that they in fact HAVE to develop for Nintendo systems as part of their Multiplatform Star Wars deal. So EA ran to MS to do their DRM shit and threatened them to quit developing games for them. Nintendo didn't care since they know nobody buys EA sports games on their system anyway but MS can't afford that. They know that EA sports games are system sellers for their system, MS NEEDS EA. So they did their bidding.

Gamers unite though. Hashtags like #PS4noDRM pop up all over the place and if sony is smart, they do just that. Sony should tell EA to suck it and piss off. EA can't make the profits they want if they dont develop for Nintendo AND Sony. MS alone can't carry that load, not with that many gamers jumping ship.

And if gamers are smart they carry on with this. They show publishers and manufacturers what they care about. If Nintendo starts focusing on games for the Wii U and Sony does not add DRM and allows for used games, those two companies WILL thrive while MS will fall and break. And it is our job to make sure that the anti consumer based tactics of EA and consorts stop. Because only we can do that by NOT buying their shit. I know that the majority of regular EA sports customers doesnt care, but we should.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario is basically the Wolverine of Nintendo. They'll slap him on literally anything.

Mickey Mouse, or Sonic the Hedgehog, Master Chief, successful companies tend to have some sort of mascot... Sony used to use Crash Bandicoot and that was pretty awesome. Now what do they use?

Brand recognition is pretty important as a marketing tool, the more stuff you can jam your mascot on the more people will see your mascot and buy your products. Nintendo isn't stupid they have been doing this gig for a long time.

Maybe Sony needs to have a mascot again, it couldn't hurt them any at this point in time...

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow...

I mean

iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif

Check for yourself

HAHAHAHA that gif made my day!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony used to use Crash Bandicoot and that was pretty awesome. Now what do they use?
Maybe Sony needs to have a mascot again, it couldn't hurt them any at this point in time...
sackboy, ratchet & clank, kratos, nathan drake, sly cooper, and formally jax and daxter (since there hasn't been a new game in a long time)

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did get Monster Hunter... oddly enough, and it more than likely wasn't a product of a deal between Capcom and Microsoft, just Capcom being weird as usual.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should just agree that Mario is one of the most overused mascots of all time and leave it at that?

I remember jokingly stating that "He's been a carpenter, a plumber, a painter, a musician, a street cleaner, a kart racer, a professional brawler - what we really need now is for Mario to become an astronaut!" and then Mario Galaxy happened.

You forgot He was also A Doctor, Tennis player, Baseball Player, Basketball Player, Golf Player, and Olympian.

Reactions: Foxi4

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe we should just agree that Mario is one of the most overused mascots of all time and leave it at that?

I remember jokingly stating that "He's been a carpenter, a plumber, a painter, a musician, a street cleaner, a kart racer, a professional brawler - what we really need now is for Mario to become an astronaut!" and then Mario Galaxy happened.
He has been to space since the 90's, I mean he has probably been a gynecologist at some point too.

According to Miyamoto he likes to think of Mario as an actor who becomes part of different plays, that's why he has been all that and that's why he and Bowser gets somewhat well along in games like Mario Kart.
Other things pointing this out are for example the curtain in the opening of Mario 3 or the title and intro to Mario All Stars.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There is nothing stopping you from achieving the same. Quit your whining. :rolleyes:

(Except the astronaut part. That bit is still impossible.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple