• Start date
  • Views 17,824
  • Replies 227

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh fucking games...that's right I suppose.
Still these are not from UE4.
No one knows how UE4 will sell to devs or what will be developed.
I'm not worried look what shi'nen can do just on Wiiware( ! ) games in regards to graphics.
http://www.shinen.com/games/
Also this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-3-ultimate.345404/#post-4596460
I can tell if a game is UE a mile away, it's a shame what some devs do to the multi use engine in regards to what is possible. I've pulled of very interesting things myself with the engine. It can do a lot more than those brown FPS games if you put your mind to it and not think about cashing in fast by sending subliminal messages through ULTRA violent games, making the 'young' hungry for blood violence and war, creating a generation of hate. No wonder the Wiiu sells badly.
+ these are not shooters thank god. Peace.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahhh, this nice. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and read all of the "nintendoomed!" type comments this forum makes, it's good for a laugh. Stay smart Gbatemp, stay smart.
I don't believe Nintendo is doomed or any of that shit, in fact I have always loved Nintendo and their products. My real concern is that the Wii U was promised to have heavy focus on 3rd Party and Indie games, but it doesn't seem like that. It seems more like Nintendo is just letting devs walk all over their system and not doing anything about it.
They can't allow this to happen again, obviously it's not going to kill them, but it's a real concern to me about the future of 3rd party games on the Wii U. I really hope Nintendo starts stepping up their game and starts pushing for more 3rd party games because if they don't, it's going to be the Wii all over again. Amazing 1st party games, shit 3rd party games.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe Nintendo is doomed or any of that shit, in fact I have always loved Nintendo and their products. My real concern is that the Wii U was promised to have heavy focus on 3rd Party and Indie games, but it doesn't seem like that. It seems more like Nintendo is just letting devs walk all over their system and not doing anything about it.
They can't allow this to happen again, obviously it's not going to kill them, but it's a real concern to me about the future of 3rd party games on the Wii U. I really hope Nintendo starts stepping up their game and starts pushing for more 3rd party games because if they don't, it's going to be the Wii all over again. Amazing 1st party games, shit 3rd party games.

Uh.... there are great third party games out and coming out...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can do a lot more than those brown FPS games if you put your mind to it and not think about cashing in fast by sending subliminal messages through ULTRA violent games, making the 'young' hungry for blood violence and war, creating a generation of hate. No wonder the Wiiu sells badly.
+ these are not shooters thank god. Peace.

Funny considering the most popular FPS games on the market don't run on Unreal Engine. Call of Duty runs on its own engine, Battlefield runs on Frostbyte, Halo runs on its own engine, Counterstrike and TF2 run on Source, shall I continue on?

If you're talking about "brown shooters" like Bioshock then yes, they run on Unreal Engine.

EDIT: Let's not forget the most war promoting Unreal Engine game though:

250px-Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png

But tl;dr your post:

TAtjj.gif

Reactions: Gahars

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Hielkenator

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if some of these companies made good enough games they wouldn't feel threatened by competing with "Nintendo" games.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, the devs lol'ed when the question was asked.

Wii U.... is errr dead for core gamers. It will sell around gamecube level to its fans.

Honestly, I was waiting for that dumbass narutofan to come in and make the dumbest post of the thread, but I think you just beat him. Now he's gonna come in dumber than ever and out-dumb you.

Dis gon' be gud

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uh.... there are great third party games out and coming out...
It's a concern of mine, maybe once more games get flowing and the system starts selling better my concerns can be put to rest and I will be very optimistic about the system I bought.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry ShadowSoldier but like the Wii U has nothing coming out in terms of third parties. Like its got some multiplats but why would I buy a Wii U for games I can already get on my current console?

It's basically a Gamecube. Not necessarily a bad system but it won't do well outside of the Nintendo fanbase. You'll buy it for Nintendo games and a few other things, not a whole lot else.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry ShadowSoldier but like the Wii U has nothing coming out in terms of third parties. Like its got some multiplats but why would I buy a Wii U for games I can already get on my current console?

It's basically a Gamecube. Not necessarily a bad system but it won't do well outside of the Nintendo fanbase. You'll buy it for Nintendo games and a few other things, not a whole lot else.

my response:

Honestly, I was waiting for that dumbass narutofan to come in and make the dumbest post of the thread, but I think you just beat him. Now he's gonna come in dumber than ever and out-dumb you.

Dis gon' be gud

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my response:

No offense but you're literally in flat out denial. "No guys, the Wii U is getting games, trust me! Don't listen to the tons of games not coming out for it! Ignore Saints Row IV, GTA V, Battlefield 4, even recent titles like Bioshock Infinite, it's getting third party support!"

But whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to wonder with all the shootings and the government wanting to crack down on "video game violence" how this will harm the industry and somewhat by extension engines like this one.

Could end up being a moot point if any more shootings happen soon.

Also Nintendo is doomed!!!! Heheheheh

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offense but you're literally in flat out denial. "No guys, the Wii U is getting games, trust me! Don't listen to the tons of games not coming out for it! Ignore Saints Row IV, GTA V, Battlefield 4, even recent titles like Bioshock Infinite, it's getting third party support!"

But whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Look at that hate wagon go. Wheeeee!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse