Wii U Possible to use SD Media Launcher?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sonic-X, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    Okay, so I have a list of GameCube Games I would like to play, but I'm selling my GameCube to get some more money up, so the huge question is, can you use SD Media Launcher to run on the Wii U Wii? As I heard that you possibly could do it. Just not to sure if you can though, as well as that, I have a pile of Wii Backed up games as well. Please let me know, as it would help me a bunch if you can.

Sonic-X

Edit: Terribly Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, please forgive me.

2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    i dont think it will work. there is no gc mem card ports for it to load .dols from the sd gecko. there is a good method to booting gc games on the vWii.

3. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
  4. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    Oh that does work for the Wii U, thanks I might try it out sometime :)

5. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    and for wii games you can use Wiiflow, USB Loader GX, Configurable USB Loader and whatever they are all called, just pick any, I'm using Wiiflow for example

6. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    How compatible is WiiFlow exactly?

Edit: Oh You do have to soft mod the Wii U to actually run Nintendont as I don't really want to do it at all, I just want a simple USB loader like SD Media Launcher?

7. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    plays all my games without issues, I don't have the biggest collection, because I only use backups of my own games, but it should play about every game as far as I know
    just note, that the wiiu uses the upper usb port on its backside, contrary to the wii, which used the lower one and that if your hdd does not have an external power supply, you might need a y-usb cable, because 1 wiiu usb port doesn't supply enough power for most hdds to work properly, even if they worked on the wii

Sonic-X likes this.
  8. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    I also Noted that you have to homebrow/soft mod your Wii U, is there anyway of avoiding that, as I still have warranty on my Wii U.

9. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    yes, usually you would use one of these exploits http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode to install the Homebrew Center (HBC) and then install all the homebrew you need, however instead of loading the hackmii installer boot.elf, which would install the HBC, you could just load up the boot.elf of wiiflow or whatever backup loader
    but this would require you to do one of the before mentioned exploits every time, you want to start up the backup loader
    but you still need to install some vwii cIOS ... so you might end up still installing something to your wiiu

10. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    Trouble is, is that I don't want to have to worry bout if my Wii U does have a problem, And I send it to them, they might find out that I have home Brew installed, I just want an easy way around at least xD

11. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    well, not every homebrew app needs cIOS to be installed, so you could still load up these without having to install anything (note: you will have to exchange the boot.elf every time you want to switch the homebrew app ofc and you will have to execute the exploit every time, too)

edit: seriously, I could swear, that some guy once posted, he is using his homebrew apps on vwii without installing anything permanently, ofc having to execute an exploit every time, also with a small list of the apps, that he uses, which don't need any cIOS to run, but I just can't find it ...
    all I can do for you here, is theory crafting, maybe somebody will come along, who actually did, what you want to do ^^

12. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    Okay, well could you possibly point me to a tutorial on how to, as I really want to play my Games soon :)

Edit: Sorry If I sound Rude, but I am a bit of a slow person/learner

13. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
  14. Sonic-X
    OP

Sonic-X Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks.

15. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    No problem you should really try it, games run very good, the compatibility is excellent and you can play with bluetooth controllers , i really recommend you softmodding your vwii just be really careful and do not brick wii mode or you will need to wait until a Nintendo update to fix it.