Wii U portable Proto(Any one got wii mode wattage?)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mariosonicds, Jan 3, 2015.

1. mariosonicds
    OP

mariosonicds GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2009
    United States
    Hello I was wandering if there has been any wattage test with running in Wii mode, since speeds and number of cores are reduced in that mode. I'm working on a portable Wii U and i have so far got 3 hours into the battery and i cant believe its still going with the full power rating of 37W max while my battery is 74W. If anyone has it i would like to know, else i will calculate it out.
    [​IMG]
    My setup is currently running the Wii U with Super Smash Bros Melee Via Nintendont, 4 player Lv.9 Bots on fountain of dreams no items.(IDK if it make it harder to run since this is real hardware not an emulator.)
    [​IMG]

gmackwii and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    This is awesome. I am a scout leader and have sleep apnea so for summer camp I have to haul a big marine battery to power my CPAP. I could do this an play Wii U in my tent and piss off all the boys... /jk

I am no electrical engineer but I have device called a Killawatt that measures the draw of AC devices plugged into it. They can be had for around $10 on sale, so that may be a way to get your data.

gmackwii likes this.
  3. mariosonicds
    OP

mariosonicds GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2009
    United States
    Ok I found out how long it will last in wii mode. It will last 4 hours. So the Wii mode will use 18.5 watts, Almost half of Wii u mode. And this is without a dvd so it could be less.

gmackwii likes this.
  4. gmackwii

gmackwii Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States

I'd love to know how you're going about accomplishing this! I stumbled upon your post after doing a Google search for information on this exact same thing. Any information that you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for doing this!

5. gmackwii

gmackwii Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States
  6. gmackwii

gmackwii Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States
    [Deleted]

7. gmackwii

gmackwii Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States
    [Deleted]

8. aceoyame

aceoyame Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Why not grab a laptop battery and then step it 's voltage as necessary? Seems like you could get many more watt hours that way in a smaller form factor. Dell batteries could work as there are external chargers for those (I have one )

9. gmackwii

gmackwii Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    United States

Do you know what the pinouts are? If its a Lithium-Ion battery then there is a need for an in-between for voltage if I remember correctly. Otherwise the Li-Ion battery could explode if he got too much of a surge of power.