Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been searching around, but it's hard to find the answers I'm looking for.

I don't own a Wii U, and I still haven't had a good enough reason to get one.
A great reason why I would get one, is just for the Pad/tablet Controller, IF I can use it to play games and stream video to from a PC.

What I dream of doing is streaming steam games, and various Nintendo emulators to it from my pc.
My questions:
Has this been done yet?
Is some one working on it?
Is this even a realistic thing I could hope for?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stream video to it? I doubt you'll be seeing that anytime soon. Maybe in the distant future if the right person picks up an interest in it it'll happen, but it's not nearly as simple as getting other controllers to work.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I could be wrong, but this video show's it doing it, but it's not streaming at a playable speed from the looks of it.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe currently you're just running a pc remote program to a website where you can stream on the wii u's internet. correct me if I'm wrong, I had no interest when I found out how it was done. I would like to see full bluetooth integration

Reactions: Ray Lewis

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
If anyone has even bothered to google this, currently it is possible to emulate the wii u controller on a PC (use a PC and gamepad as a wii u controller) and almost possible to stream pc content to a wii u controller, however there is something currently stopping it from working properly. Don't expect a release in the next few days or anything like that, but I doubt it will be in the FAR future, as apparently it is *only* streaming video over wifi, there should be no difficulty in doing this manually for those who know how to do that sort of thing.

*edit* It's the Dolphin guys that are working on it. No surprise there then.

Some Twitter Quotes....

Pierre Bourdon@delroth_
@nerdMiguelAngel well, to be honest the other direction (gamepad <-> pc) is more interesting - but this is WIP too :)

Pierre Bourdon@delroth_
@pauldacheez it's not next, it's already WIP and it should work, but it does not for some reason we haven't really figured out yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans