pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys!
I just came back to the Wii U scene because a friend of me wants me to hack his console. His Wii U is on 5.5.1 and I want to install haxchi. For that I need a legit DS game. Do I need to update to 5.5.4 and is there any downside of it? Or can I somehow spoof from 5.5.1 to 5.5.4? Is haxchi stable? I didn’t touch the Wii U scene for about two years and I have only used the browser exploit yet. Thanks in advance :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two options:
  1. Update to 5.5.4
  2. Run NNU-Patcher to enter the eShop while on 5.5.1
It doesn't matter which one you do. Haxchi is stable, and it's recommended if you don't want to use the internet browser each time you want to enter CFW.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You have two options:
  1. Update to 5.5.4
  2. Run NNU-Patcher to enter the eShop while on 5.5.1
It doesn't matter which one you do. Haxchi is stable, and it's recommended if you don't want to use the internet browser each time you want to enter CFW.
Do you know if anyone has been banned for CFW or hacks yet? Is it possible to make a clean NAND backup and does that even matter? If the Wii U would brick, I would need a hardmode to restore the NAND backup right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if anyone has been banned for CFW or hacks yet? Is it possible to make a clean NAND backup and does that even matter? If the Wii U would brick, I would need a hardmode to restore the NAND backup right?
I don't think anyone has been banned on the Wii U for anything other than cheating online. A clean NAND backup doesn't matter.

That being said, you do want a NAND backup in case you brick. Depending on the kind of brick, you might require a hardmod to restore the NAND backup, but that's better than nothing.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't think anyone has been banned on the Wii U for anything other than cheating online. A clean NAND backup doesn't matter.

That being said, you do want a NAND backup in case you brick. Depending on the kind of brick, you might require a hardmod to restore the NAND backup, but that's better than nothing.
Is there any disadvantage if I upgrade to 5.5.4 from 5.5.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM