Hacking Wii U NUSG (Nintendo Update Server Graber)?

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so I recently had a thought for a Wii U homebrew. A Automatic update downloader. What it can do is you can connect to the NUS on your wii U and download it all on your wii u. You can select the save directory and everything. That way you wouldn't have to go to the computer every time you wanted to update a game. What do ya'll think?

Edit: I MEANT grabber

Last edited by BurningDesire,

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Look at Wupinstallers code, I honestly wouldn't want to mess around with that :P
Also, I think there's just not enough space to store the update to install it(in RAM and on the NAND), I can't even install the smash update to my 8GB Wii U anymore, even if I delete everything else. You'd have to use a SD Card to store it temporarily.

D

Deleted User

I could imagine that just downloading the update contents straight from the update server would be easy to implement, but then you have the download decrypting/extracting to try and implement as well. I could clearly see it being possible, as the Wii managed to get something similar to this. DOP-MII, I think it was...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a better* idea would be to have a PC program that stays open in the background and checks and updates games at regular intervals (hourly?). Once it downloads and decrypts the update, it checks for a connection to the Wii U and is sent to the SD card via FTPiiU at your command. Could have a setting for installing it to a Loadiine folder or to the SD:/install/ folder for WUP Installer.

The obvious issue with this, making it nearly impossible, would be the slow transfer speeds with many files over FTPiiU.

*my opinion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended