Hardware Wii U Not Turning On And Has Power Light

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought a second hand Wii U with this issue to see if I can fix it because it was really cheap for something that came with gamepad, power supply, sensor bar, etc.
So, when I press the Power Button or turn on using the Gamepad, the red light blinks but nothing happen.
I opened the motherboard and found a mising SMC capacitor and another one that wasn't working.
I changed the capacitor and put the SMS one in the right place, but still no success.
I think the RAM is responsible for this, it seems the voltage is not going to the chips, and probably that's why the console is not turning on.
What I did? I bought a bricked one with the 160-0103 error to replace the parts.
So I was thinking about something crazy..
Is it possible take the eMMC Nand chip and replace the bricked one?
Like, the bricked one turns on and works just fine, but it have this 160-0103 issue, so if it's possible, i'd make things easier.. idk, this logic works in my head lol..
What do you guys think?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I was thinking about something crazy..
Is it possible take the eMMC Nand chip and replace the bricked one?
Like, the bricked one turns on and works just fine, but it have this 160-0103 issue, so if it's possible, i'd make things easier.. idk, this logic works in my head lol..
What do you guys think?
The same reason why CBHC bricks cannot be repaired without a NAND image (or at least some encryption key) : The content of the NAND is tied to a specific console. Swapping the NAND will not work because the target system can't decrypt. And if you have a good image or the key (don't know what it's called OTP or something) you do not have to swap chips as reflashing the currently installed one is sufficient.

Swapping NAND would perhaps work when also swapping the CPU. At least for the Wii this is proven to work. [YouTube] DeadlyFoez vs. Wii Mini (He swapped NAND and "Hollywood" chip. Normal Wii ⟺ Wii Mini)

As for the hardware side (what may be wrong?): I cannot be of any help for you. Sorry. But a missing capacitor sounds strange. What happened to that mainboard?!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, , Reason: So. Many. Typos.
Reactions: IC_

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The same reason why CBHC bricks cannot be repaired without a NAND image (or at least some encryption key) : The content of the NAND is tied to a specific console. Swapping the NAND will not work because the target system can't decrypt. And if you have a good image or the key (don't know what it's called OTP or something) you do not have to swap chips as reflashing the currently installed one is sufficient.

Swapping NAND would perhaps work when also swapping the CPU. At least for the Wii this is proven to work. [YouTube] DeadlyFoez vs. Wii Mini (He swapped NAND and "Hollywood" chip. Normal Wii ⟺ Wii Mini)

As for the hardware side (what may be wrong?): I cannot be of any help for you. Sorry. But a missing capacitor sounds strange. What happened to that mainboard?!

No idea, I bought it with this issue and when I opened the console I found out that was missing one capacitor on it
0798605d-2be1-4373-a485-a88b568e3dd1
XJvxFh.jpg

Last edited by Pepeu557,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe that's normal there are sometimes spots for capacitors and resistors and even chips sometimes but nothing on them
Is it missing on your other Wii U too?

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's my Wii U, the bricked one I'm still waiting it arrives, Since it's turning on properly, I'm sure every components are working just fine =]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe that's normal there are sometimes spots for capacitors and resistors and even chips sometimes but nothing on them

Mine the red light blink when I press the power button and nothing happens, so the missing capacitor and the bad one seems to be the responsible for this issue, I hope so

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Also, the bricked one it's the same revision as mine, the missing capacitor isn't right, the only part that hasn't a chip it's closer to the USB port, and that's normal, it only has in the white revisions, mine is the deluxe one, so, that missing concrete capacitor shouldn't be missing.

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot to tell ya, I do have a Nand backup, but it's from another Wii U which is working just fine.. Can I use this NAND backup to unbrick mine?

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I forgot to tell ya, I do have a Nand backup, but it's from another Wii U which is working just fine.. Can I use this NAND backup to unbrick mine?

**edited**

Last edited by Pepeu557,

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even with the parts on it, it still not turning on, and the bricked one started having the RLOD, but it keeps flashing fast like my first Wii U.. I think my first console has a kind of RLOD, I'll try to use a blower on it and see if it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1