Homebrew Wii U Nintendont (not Wii or vWii), Wii U PAD button configuration. Help!

CrisMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I just signed up in this wonderful site, where I usually I get inform here for a myriad of things related to the Mods, and for this I say thanks to all the fans and administrators of the site for keeping this Mod world alive.

In any case, I just bought a Wii U (which I've always snubbed in the past), and I realized that Nintendo has really miscommunicated with this console, because it is a beautiful console in many ways. However, studying for 2 weeks how to "unlock" all the features of this console - I must say I have already experience with a first generation of Wii - I studied myriad sites and guides; and for this I thank every single enthusiast peoples for sharing their experiences and teaching others the simplest possible ways to get the desired result.
Now, after all these premises, I can't find anyone who has the same needs or who has tried it to solve the problem that I have and to be unable to receive exhaustive answers for this problem.

In summary what I understand (please, feel free to correct me if I mistake), Nintendont in the Wii / Wii U there are 4 variables:

1) Nintendont which must be installed in the first Wii and which cannot be used for the Wii U, because you risk the famous "brick" of the vWii console. This problem persist in the really old Nintendont Versions, so for all the latest versions are ok for both of the console Wii - WiiU/vWii.

2) Nintendont for the Wii U vWii, placing the files inside the folder in the vWii folders (ex: SD: / apps / Nintendont / boot, icon, meta), plus all the drivers / patches IOs to make it work in the vWii (which I am not here to explain, because this is not the topic we are dealing with now).

3) Nintendont Forwarded installer for Wii U, as the word says install the Nintendont Forwarder to show it on the Wii U menu but will not work with the Wii U pad, the forwarded it “leans” on the Nintendont application installed into the vWii as I mentioned in point 2. And it working just as in the normal Wii.

4) Nintendont Installer "native" for Wii U, through the installer prepared by the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector software and it installs on the Wii U, where there is no need to place the Nintedont folders inside the ex. folders: SD: /apps/Nintendont/ boot, icon, meta, and will appear in the main menu of the Wii U. To clarify the "native" word, it's not really native because to work you need always the Wii Virtual Console to be installed into the Wii U and emulate the software properly working with the Wii U Pad.

Except, that I have not found anyone anywhere that explains this concept well, and thanking those who have given some fragmentary explanations about it, however, here I would like to give a summary of Nintendont, for those who face in this Wii U world for the first time.
Now, let's get to my problem, let's start by saying that the first two points 1/2 the Wii U PAD Controller does not work and this I understood the concept, and luckily this problem has been solved with 3 points / 4 thanking those who did this excellent job.

My problem is, when I try to start Arcade Triforce games with the Nintendont (converted (or even not converted but started normally) and installed through the wonderful Windows software TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector), the Wii U PAD works perfectly, but the mapping of Y, B, A, X buttons react differently for each game, and (for now) on one Triforce title the Directional Analog (Left Analog) it has a bit confusing reaction, even if I try to enter in the Arcade Menu Game Setting and do the calibration of the -X -Y, + X + Y axis of the directional analog, I always have the same problem, so, the + Y (Up) axis if pressed all the way till the end it returns to the -Y (Down) axis. I'm sure I need to edit the Nintendont controller.ini file, but I didn't find this file inside my SD card or inside the console's NAND. Even if I put the controller.ini file (of which I have not found the native one for the PAD Wii U from the "nintendont-master" files from the Github Fix94 site, but among the list I have only found for the Wii Controller PRO U) as other users have been advised to others to put the controller.ini file in the root of the SD card (ex: SD: \), it does not solve the problem, I also tried to put the controller.ini file in "SD: \ apps \ Nintendont \" but nothing. Since I used point 4) to install the Nintendont, I also went to look for the subfolders in the console's NAND Flash, via FTPiiU but in the Nintendont installation folder I did not find any controller.ini file.

Is it possible that the Nintendont natively installed for Wii U, the Wii U Pad controller patched is included in the Wii U Software installation files, and that there is no controller.ini? Do you have any idea how can I change these parameters? I don't really know what I can try more.

Thank you all,
CrisMod

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: jayman777

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't know where you got the information for the native Wii U Nintendont. Since I never heard of such a thing before. As for the stick issues, it seems to be a common occurrence when using the GamePad on Nintendont for some reason. I can't really pinpoint a cause for that besides the stick probably being a little bit dusty. The A, B, X, Y button issue is due to the fact that they are reversed when you press the - button on the GamePad. You'd be surprised how easy it is for you to press the button on accident, so that may be your problem.

CrisMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know where you got the information for the native Wii U Nintendont. Since I never heard of such a thing before. As for the stick issues, it seems to be a common occurrence when using the GamePad on Nintendont for some reason. I can't really pinpoint a cause for that besides the stick probably being a little bit dusty. The A, B, X, Y button issue is due to the fact that they are reversed when you press the - button on the GamePad. You'd be surprised how easy it is for you to press the button on accident, so that may be your problem.

Hello GAB01423, really thanks to replay me in this post.

From the time that I opened this topic I made many tests and keep going with those “issues” if I want classify them in this way. So, just to clarify from my side the word “native” Wii U Nintendont I’m going to modify the point 4 for don’t create confusion (thanks to point me out it); anyway for “native” I mean the well prepared Wii U files installer prepared by the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for WUP GX2 Installer where it appears in the Wii U menu but it need always the vWii installed and not necessary the tree files into it as “apps" folder and so on ….

For the A,B,X,Y button “issue”, I understand what you mean because I saw from another post this option, and should it be when you press accidentally the “– (minus button)” that the button configurations rotate, anyway it will be great if such Button Settings will be included into the Nintendont Menu (example); or in the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector when I pre-prepare the game/app installation folder with the personalize Configuration Buttons. Maybe, I’m too easy to say in this way because to implement such future will be difficult, but if could be possible I would like to say “why not”.

The problem of the + Y (Up) axis if pressed all the way till the end and it returns to the -Y (Down) axis, I faced this problem only in one game for all the rest of the games it’s working perfectly, as you suppose even if it is the dust I believe cannot make such problem, the problem I believe it’s individually to the Axis calibration from the factory. Or, the game that I’m playing has this problem by default with the only Wii U pad and it need a bit calibration, if you are interest to test with me please let me know that I will send you the file to understand if you have the same issue…

Last edited by CrisMod,

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello GAB01423, really thanks to replay me in this post.

From the time that I opened this topic I made many tests and keep going with those “issues” if I want classify them in this way. So, just to clarify from my side the word “native” Wii U Nintendont I’m going to modify the point 4 for don’t create confusion (thanks to point me out it); anyway for “native” I mean the well prepared Wii U files installer prepared by the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for WUP GX2 Installer where it appears in the Wii U menu but it need always the vWii installed and not necessary the tree files into it as “apps" folder and so on ….

For the A,B,X,Y button “issue”, I understand what you mean because I saw from another post this option, and should it be when you press accidentally the “– (minus button)” that the button configurations rotate, anyway it will be great if such Button Settings will be included into the Nintendont Menu (example); or in the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector when I pre-prepare the game/app installation folder with the personalize Configuration Buttons. Maybe, I’m too easy to say in this way because to implement such future will be difficult, but if could be possible I would like to say “why not”.

The problem of the + Y (Up) axis if pressed all the way till the end and it returns to the -Y (Down) axis, I faced this problem only in one game for all the rest of the games it’s working perfectly, as you suppose even if it is the dust I believe cannot make such problem, the problem I believe it’s individually to the Axis calibration from the factory. Or, the game that I’m playing has this problem by default with the only Wii U pad and it need a bit calibration, if you are interest to test with me please let me know that I will send you the file to understand if you have the same issue…
Ah, so that's what you meant. Well, there aren't a lot of differences between using injections or just the Nintendont forwarder. The main difference is that with the injections can open the individual game and install it to an Wii U Formated HDD, while with the forwarder you still need to choose the game from the list and need to keep the backups on either an SD Card or USB HDD (Can't be a Wii U Formated one)

The Minus button issue really isn't well explained in the tool as you mentioned, but the project has not been active for a while, so I doubt that something like that would be added.

As for the stick issues, again I'm not sure of what exactly is the issue with that. I've never encountered stick drifting issues when using the GamePad, but then again I always use a GameCube Controller. You could try out your game with other controllers to see if you can replicate the issue. And while I would be glad to test that, I think it would be best if you told me what the game is called since sharing copyrighted files (like GameCube isos) is against forum rules.

CrisMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah, so that's what you meant. Well, there aren't a lot of differences between using injections or just the Nintendont forwarder. The main difference is that with the injections can open the individual game and install it to an Wii U Formated HDD, while with the forwarder you still need to choose the game from the list and need to keep the backups on either an SD Card or USB HDD (Can't be a Wii U Formated one)

The Minus button issue really isn't well explained in the tool as you mentioned, but the project has not been active for a while, so I doubt that something like that would be added.

As for the stick issues, again I'm not sure of what exactly is the issue with that. I've never encountered stick drifting issues when using the GamePad, but then again I always use a GameCube Controller. You could try out your game with other controllers to see if you can replicate the issue. And while I would be glad to test that, I think it would be best if you told me what the game is called since sharing copyrighted files (like GameCube isos) is against forum rules.

Hi GAB01423,

I tested some controllers (PS4 / Xbox Controller) and the result it is as expected from my side, the game works perfectly. So, this game on my Wii and Wii U with any controller supported from Nintendont works fine; but with the Wii U PAD I have this stupid little problem in this game. The Wii U Left Stick PAD it's not defective because with any GameCube/ Wii backup games doesn't give me any problem. So, the problem it's with this game and the Wii U PAD calibration. My backup game, it's from an Arcade System that I bought, the Game it's Virtua. So, this game with the Wii U PAD has this little issue.

Thanks, to reminds me the Forum rules, please let me know if you have this backup game or we could do in another way with my legit files I'm happy to share with you.

Also, yes, I know all the things that you talking about with HDD, software and so on...so no worries. But I can tell you that Nintendont it's not really so "dead" because the latest upgrade was in the end of 2019, or you mean the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector?

Anyway, please let me know if there is some way to help each other to understand this issue where from and how we can calibrate the setting WII U PAD file (example, if I could touch some TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector system files setting that regulate the Wii U game PAD) ...

Last edited by CrisMod,

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi GAB01423,

I tested some controllers (PS4 / Xbox Controller) and the result it is as expected from my side, the game works perfectly. So, this game on my Wii and Wii U with any controller supported from Nintendont works fine; but with the Wii U PAD I have this stupid little problem in this game. The Wii U Left Stick PAD it's not defective because with any GameCube/ Wii backup games doesn't give me any problem. So, the problem it's with this game and the Wii U PAD calibration. My backup game, it's from an Arcade System that I bought, the Game it's Virtua Striker 4 from Triforce. So, this game with the Wii U PAD has this little issue.

Thanks, to reminds me the Forum rules, please let me know if you have this backup game or we could do in another way with my legit files I'm happy to share with you.

Also, yes, I know all the things that you talking about with HDD, software and so on...so no worries. But I can tell you that Nintendont it's not really so "dead" because the latest upgrade was in the end of 2019, or you mean the TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector?

Anyway, please let me know if there is some way to help each other to understand this issue where from and how we can calibrate the setting WII U PAD file (example, if I could touch some TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector system files setting that regulate the Wii U game PAD) ...
First it's GABO, with an O not a 0 :)
Yes, when I was talking about the inactive tool I was referring to TeconMoon's Injector.
Well, I will be glad to see if I have the same issue. You can contact me on my email address to continue this conversation. My email is [email protected].

CrisMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Even if it's an old post, but I would like to say that I solved it!!!

I made a personalized fork of Nintendond FIX94, with personalized Button layout and fixed the bug If playing with Arcade VS4 with the Wii U Gamepad, the game will register a down input when pushing the analog stick all the way up.
This bug fix, it's added just then to the "Pull Request" in the official GitHub Fix94 page, and I say thanks to AnthonyRyuki (from Github) to help me to add this fix in the "Pull Request" of FIX94 Repository.

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: Larkas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: