• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,109
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
original.jpg

Nintendo has confirmed that all online functions on the Wii U will be free, unlike Xbox Live. Access through smartphones, PCs, and 3DSs isn't included, so we don't know if it will be free or not.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Welp, I went ahead and read the source (thanks soul). I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Miiverse will be free, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
What a misleading article
Iwata said that he doesn't necessarily reject the idea of a paid service that allows not just Wii U but various other devices to connect to Nintendo Network. However, when considering Nintendo's users, a paid membership service is not the best approach. By having everyone use the Miiverse together, word of mouth will more easily spread. This will lead to greater hardware and software sales.
http://andriasang.co...holder_meeting/

This is what they actually said and it doesn't mean that they wouldn't have a paid version of it.

This is what happens when you don't read the source. MyNintendoNews isn't trustworthy.

Reactions: 2 people

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo have always said they will not provide a internet structure on anything they make unless it is FREE to the customer.
Unlike microsoft and sony who love ripping us off.
Sony? No, just Microsoft. You have a choice if you want to pay for addition features on PSN.

ChaosAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be fine with
+ Free all out (Nintendo)
+ Free, with an option to get plenty of downloadable games discounted or included in a subscription service (PSN/PSN+)
- But please don't make me pay just to get the basic online service of playing with others (Xbox Live)

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome news! I've fell out with xbox live lately, (Not really the service, just that 360 seems dead/dying now, ha ha. Like 2 games I want this year for it), but I'm fed up of paying for live. I dont regret it for the halo 3 days, but nothing has come close to that since for me. If xbox live isnt free for the next console, I'm not bothering. I may not even bother if it is free, seeing all the bad news about them lately about their poor/petty/stupid behaviour about how games can be allowed on their system.

But, back to topic, ha ha, its cool Nintendo Network is free, but, will it actually be on standard, even perhaps better, than the likes of PSN/Xbox Live? Thats the only thing that worrys me about this. I love the miiverse idea though, that is definately next generation thinking to me, now they just need everything else we expect in a service like xbox live/PSN and I'll respect Nintendo Network!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

OP
What a misleading article
Iwata said that he doesn't necessarily reject the idea of a paid service that allows not just Wii U but various other devices to connect to Nintendo Network. However, when considering Nintendo's users, a paid membership service is not the best approach. By having everyone use the Miiverse together, word of mouth will more easily spread. This will lead to greater hardware and software sales.
http://andriasang.co...holder_meeting/

This is what they actually said and it doesn't mean that they wouldn't have a paid version of it.

It kind of does. How stupid do you think Nintendo is? Besides, that's not a direct quote. Can someone give me either that or a video? Until then I also want to ask: why is that site untrustworthy in your opinion? Did this happen numerous times?

PS: Why do you always snip about my articles. You don't want me to be a reporter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended