prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
6jj10.jpg

nintendo posted this image confirming that it is the final name and logo of the upcoming console and there is a vid of reggie on their facebook page
http://www.nintendow....com/news/30292

nintendo is doomed wii u wii u wii u wii u wii u

Reactions: 2 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
6jj10.jpg
Speculation that the Nintendo Wii U may be rebranded before launch appears to be false, as this notion has been officially dismissed by Nintendo.
Nintendo have published an image of the Wii U logo on their press site, as well as using the logo on their brand new Wii U Facebook page.
The logo is effectively the same as before, except that the blue colour has slightly less green to it.

Fans speculated that Nintendo may rename the Wii U after the response at their E3 Conference last year. and analysts suggested that Wii U may cause some brand confusion much like the Nintendo 3DS did (it's not just a DS that can do 3D, it's a whole new handheld!)
Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30292

Reactions: 16 people

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really was hoping Nintendo learned their lesson after the 3DS. I'm sure we're gonna get a lot of soccer mum's buying a Wii U, and complaining that the tablet won't work, and they threw away the actual console because they "already have a Wii".

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Ensue IMMENSE marketing campaign so that people are actually aware it's a totally different console and not the Wii+ (and Nintendo are amazing at advertising, far better than the craptacular Sony). Soon enough the logo won't really matter, although it is a pretty poor choice for a NEW console.

Reactions: 1 person

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I expect users to take a few minutes to write something in their own words. most of the internet is news which has been mirrored from other sources. let us try to act more professional than the next site by writing our own descriptions, and then link back to source posts for "more information."

Even though we had a big discussion about users posting the news properly.. no one really putting the effort or bringing the change lol.

Anyway, I didnt even think for a second that Ninty would change the brand. Those big companies do whatever they want, they aint gonna listen to fans crying about the name.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I expect users to take a few minutes to write something in their own words. most of the internet is news which has been mirrored from other sources. let us try to act more professional than the next site by writing our own descriptions, and then link back to source posts for "more information."

Even though we had a big discussion about users posting the news properly.. no one really putting the effort or bringing the change lol.

Anyway, I didnt even think for a second that Ninty would change the brand. Those big companies do whatever they want, they aint gonna listen to fans crying about the name.
Hmm, it's more than just the fans, business folk thinking they're repeating their 3DS mistake.
So long as they do a good job at their E3 conference this year and have aggressive enough marketing, I'm sure the Wii U will do fine.

Big things to factor, the price point, the release date being before the holiday season, and if it has Call of Duty and similar titles that people play the 360 for.

Edit: Oh hey look at that, my 5000th post.

Reactions: 1 person

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, it's more than just the fans, business folk thinking they're repeating their 3DS mistake.
So long as they do a good job at their E3 conference this year and have aggressive enough marketing, I'm sure the Wii U will do fine.

Big things to factor, the price point, the release date being before the holiday season, and if it has Call of Duty and similar titles that people play the 360 for.

Edit: Oh hey look at that, my 5000th post.

u r probably right. the 3ds has outdone the ds during its first year. name recognition is probably what nintendo is banking on. oh, and I made my 500th post yesterday. :P

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the Logo is brilliant. The name though, similar to the 3DS, I don`t really like all that much because of how similar it is to its predecessors. Better then a numbered console-name by miles at least!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What is the fuss over the name anyway?

The shit. Wii U isn't THAT drastic. It's just a dumb name for a successor and not the end of the world.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)