Wii U launch games to only support 720p

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the other shoe has fallen. First possibly over priced and the BIG LAUNCH TITLE is NintendoLand. Now the system will only support foggy HD. I heave 40 inch TV and whenever I watch local channels they look foggy cause of the 720p. Thankfully the non-local but HD channels are true 1080p. Thank You Direct TV....No thanks Nintendo!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the other shoe has fallen. First possibly over priced and the BIG LAUNCH TITLE is NintendoLand. Now the system will only support foggy HD. I heave 40 inch TV and whenever I watch local channels they look foggy cause of the 720p. Thankfully the non-local but HD channels are true 1080p. Thank You Direct TV....No thanks Nintendo!
Did they even say that you have to buy Nintendo Land?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll agree that SNES was a better system....Yeah the Genesis had a faster processor but the SNES had more RAM a better Graphics Processing Unit and a better Sound Processor. Not to mention that the SNES had many many more good games compared to the paltry few that were produced for the Genesis. The downfall of the N64 compared to PS1 was the limited memory of cartridge based games which in turn limited the size of textures making many games look rather cheap in comparison. Don't get me wrong I love the N64 but it's easy to see that PS1 had an advantage in texture resolutions.

Yeah, all of that is true! PS1 indeed looked better in some games because of the larger media, but N64 sure was more powerful than PS1!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll agree that SNES was a better system....Yeah the Genesis had a faster processor but the SNES had more RAM a better Graphics Processing Unit and a better Sound Processor. Not to mention that the SNES had many many more good games compared to the paltry few that were produced for the Genesis. The downfall of the N64 compared to PS1 was the limited memory of cartridge based games which in turn limited the size of textures making many games look rather cheap in comparison. Don't get me wrong I love the N64 but it's easy to see that PS1 had an advantage in texture resolutions.

Yeah, all of that is true! PS1 indeed looked better in some games because of the larger media, but N64 sure was more powerful than PS1!
Yeah, it was more the fault of physical media than the system itself, though one could say that it was the system's fault for not supporting CDs and simply supporting cartridges (though I blame the CD-i for that).

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Jeez, console wars again? I don't even...
Can't we just make a forum section dedicated to that type of discussion instead just to keep all that repeat crap away from 50% of the forums?
I'm fucking tired seeing these.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, console wars again? I don't even...
Can't we just make a forum section dedicated to that type of discussion instead just to keep all that repeat crap away from 50%of the forums?
I'm fucking tired seeing these.
Um...there's no console war going on here, we're just talking about the power of Nintendo consoles.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's not Nintendo's fault that you bought a shitty TV.

Reactions: 3 people

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. My TV is a great TV. Best TV I have ever bought. 720p on large screens looks like crap, It is a fact.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's just a question of time until someone drops the flaming bomb.
Considering what we've been saying, there'd really be no reason for anyone to flame unless they were trolling.
To be honest I just skimmed through the recent posts, I'm so used to these kind of discussions everywhere haha.
My fault.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No. My TV is a great TV. Best TV I have ever bought. 720p on large screens looks like crap, It is a fact.

That isn't a fact. If something looks wrong with 720p on your 40" television, something is wrong with either you or the television. My guess is that it's likely the television.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

That isn't a fact. If something looks wrong with 720p on your 40" television, something is wrong with either you or the television. My guess is that it's likely the television.
I know, he must be sitting two feet away from the screen...

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abandon-Thread-jack-sparrow.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.