Hardware Wii U just okay sale due to bad marketing by Nintendo

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Myself, I blame Nintendo for not advertising well, but I also blame stores such as Best Buy, Game Stop etc... for not promoting as well. You think they would want to try to sell as many as they could to make money, it just doesn't make sense. If I was one of the Big box stores I'd take a game (a top selling one) and throw it into the console and let the people play it. Much better than watching a video. One thing for sure the Wii U is a HANDS ON system, If you don't get into using the gamepad you just won't get it. After I played mine for a while, I can tell I like it better than my Xbox and my sons PS3 as for use. Sure there is a lot more software on the other two but in time the Wii U will get more and more titles, it is still a new system. I love the Mii verse system for help, I love the TVII, I use it at least 2 or 3 times a week. It is just an easy system to use. I play mostly single player, so if you are the ones who have multiple people using it, then it should be great.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Most non gaming specific stores i have been in , aka supermarkets , dont have a WiiU section as such and have simple displayed any wiiu games within the existing wii category , i think i did see one TV commercial pre christmas for the Wiiu but i dont think it was a ninty AD , rather some toy store. I know for sure that if i hadnt been a member on this forum i wouldnt have been immediatly aware of the Wiiu , and as it was a gift for my kids i had to boost their awareness in readiness for it , as they wouldnt have had a clue. My mrs is a childminder at home and the kids she looks after all think the wiiu is a wii addon until we explain . I have personally had to "sell" the idea of the console to visitors to our house..

I recall the wii TV commercials over here in the UK , all sorts of household names advertising the console with their respective families , same with the DS it was on the TV loads. Has the marketing stategy changed "MOST DEFINATELY" god knows why , it clearly worked with the wii and DS.

Having said all that the sales of the WiiU are pretty good considering it has almost sneaked onto the store shelves.

My only frustration is i either have to eshop / order online for games as all i can find store wise locally is NSMBU / ZommbiiU / Nintyland / AC3 . I know thats nearly all the releases lmao but seriously i went to buy a new game for my son and couldnt .

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know it is very expensive but Nintendo should hire an advertising company (something like that for Target) and get some IN YOUR FACE advertising. Hell it is like it doesn't exist. Most people I have mentioned it to I have to explain it to cause they have never heard of it.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought about making a thread but I'll just post this here, in the us target is having a killer sale starting tomorrow.

$50 gift card with the purchase of a Wii U. You can also get 5% off if you use a target red card of course.

Also games are going to be buy 2 get 1 free ( this is actually all games for any system).

I will be getting my wii u tomorrow, put a hold on the one deluxe set they have in stock at my store. Just have to decide what game to get after nsmbu and zombie u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs