Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

I got this Japanese Wii U for a while now, i got almost all my collection of NTSC US disk games works fine using the 119 region hack.
to explain things correctly im using coldboot haxchi,

what is very annoying is the Wii U menu language is Japanese, i read many posts here on the forum suggesting the use of system config tool to change the language of the menu.
Long story short i got the tool and installed it, took more time to find the config tool user manual and even more time to safely understand to use the basic features it provide.

However the magic tool didn't do the magic trick , got an error : Faild to switch DRC language. at this point i decide not to go any deeper as many experts here explain how dangerous the tool can be.

Another approach i took was suggested by user to replace the Japanese Allmessages.szs file(s) with and English one from other systems, that did work for few menus mostly settings but not all.

The goal here is to get the Japanese Wii U menu to English, thank you in advance for any point in the correct direction.

Last edited by blackbrew,
Reactions: Idrolitina

blackbrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a jp wiiU and already tried it. it worked but, like i said, its not yet complete. i saw the post of vietnamese friends with jp wiiu, they have a full transalted jp to eng wiiU
There is no file to replace apps icon name , you’ll need to edit each one “ meta.xml “ Japanese entry with the English text.

If you got the time would you make a list of menus which still need to be translated

barako2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
sure. i'll make a list later and post it here
so i have taken a picture of all the untranslated menus on the jp wiiU with eng Mod. here they are

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_174403.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174403.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20211201_174307.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174307.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20211201_174348.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174348.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211201_174257.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174257.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211201_174230.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174230.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20211201_174223.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174223.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20211201_174203.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174203.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211201_174149.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174149.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211201_174134.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174134.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20211201_174105.jpg
    IMG_20211201_174105.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 89

barako2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
And also, our viet friends manage to translate some jp games to eng. example, mario party 10, mario kart 8 and others. they have a repository, but the server is too slow, i have downloaded only 1 yet.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so i have taken a picture of all the untranslated menus on the jp wiiU with eng Mod. here they are
Except the icon word, this it's not only to change the meta file but needs to replace the files structure language of the app......in this case , if the Viet. People did it, they should have the extra files, if you said that you placed all the files from the Google Drive....

barako2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Except the icon word, this it's not only to change the meta file but needs to replace the files structure language of the app......in this case , if the Viet. People did it, they should have the extra files, if you said that you placed all the files from the Google Drive....
it was another person that posted it. i think he was the developer of mocha cfw. he said hell up it on his github once its ready. the trick is you need to run mocha to convert jp to eng

Reactions: CrisMod

Idrolitina

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I honestly have been looking for a very long time into this, years now, and I keep looking into it cyclically without much luck. I am surprised how many of us are in the same situation yet very little was achieved.

I should say that already changing language is a great step forward, but I do not think it is the real deal. The story here is not to change the language (and I understand that this is my privileged situation and few other members here speaking and reading Japanese, so the menu in Jap does not bother me at all) but to change the system region. With the system in Japanese (included vWii), the console essentially is mutilated of its most significant feature: full back-compatibility and upscaling of that catalog. It might be only me, but on the Wii U NTSC-J USB Loader works very poorly, and many times, it crashes on me trying to run any backup from my NTSC collection :( Without NVRAM I do not know if we will manage to reflash the whole NAND using only the FTP, and I am not sure when this will happen and how to go about it.

ProtossEvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I honestly have been looking for a very long time into this, years now, and I keep looking into it cyclically without much luck. I am surprised how many of us are in the same situation yet very little was achieved.

I should say that already changing language is a great step forward, but I do not think it is the real deal. The story here is not to change the language (and I understand that this is my privileged situation and few other members here speaking and reading Japanese, so the menu in Jap does not bother me at all) but to change the system region. With the system in Japanese (included vWii), the console essentially is mutilated of its most significant feature: full back-compatibility and upscaling of that catalog. It might be only me, but on the Wii U NTSC-J USB Loader works very poorly, and many times, it crashes on me trying to run any backup from my NTSC collection :( Without NVRAM I do not know if we will manage to reflash the whole NAND using only the FTP, and I am not sure when this will happen and how to go about it.
I think it varies from case to case. For me, the games that crashed on splash screen, I already fixed, and now, the olnly thing I really care is to have the system language in English (which I partially achieved by reading this thread,) Mostly for the settings, not that I'm always messing up there, but if I need to, it's all understandable now, no need anymore for pointing the phone to the screen, with the google translator making a very bad work of translating the text. If Blackbrew would release a tutorial/or app for auto-installation not only for the regular texts, but for the buttons, transition screens (like the one with "Wii Menu" written), I would declare my Wii U finally "finished" (in the sense of having nothing anymore to fix).

About the vWii, NTSC-U don't work for you? Something must be wrong, I can play almost all my Wii library without problem. I'm using USB Loader GX. Wii Flow on the other hand, really gives me a lot of black screen.

Reactions: Idrolitina

barako2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think it varies from case to case. For me, the games that crashed on splash screen, I already fixed, and now, the olnly thing I really care is to have the system language in English (which I partially achieved by reading this thread,) Mostly for the settings, not that I'm always messing up there, but if I need to, it's all understandable now, no need anymore for pointing the phone to the screen, with the google translator making a very bad work of translating the text. If Blackbrew would release a tutorial/or app for auto-installation not only for the regular texts, but for the buttons, transition screens (like the one with "Wii Menu" written), I would declare my Wii U finally "finished" (in the sense of having nothing anymore to fix).

About the vWii, NTSC-U don't work for you? Something must be wrong, I can play almost all my Wii library without problem. I'm using USB Loader GX. Wii Flow on the other hand, really gives me a lot of black screen.
the "Wii Menu" has translation files on the google drive. i had mine in english already

Idrolitina

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

thank you for your reply. I honestly did not look much into but I am unable to use my og-Wii Hdd on my Wii u. Nintendont and vWII are correctly set up from what I can see (also due to the fact that USB Loader GX does correctly appears in both vWii and Wii U home menu and normally boots). I tried all 4 USB ports and got no luck :( I have also to say that when I boot Wii disk on my vWii I do not know what it is but to me the look of many of those does not look as good as Wii D-Tanshi (Japanese component) or even Wii OSSC (no x2).

Can I ask you if you use a normal HDD or you make them invisible?

Thanks

blackbrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank you for your reply. I honestly did not look much into but I am unable to use my og-Wii Hdd on my Wii u. Nintendont and vWII are correctly set up from what I can see (also due to the fact that USB Loader GX does correctly appears in both vWii and Wii U home menu and normally boots). I tried all 4 USB ports and got no luck :( I have also to say that when I boot Wii disk on my vWii I do not know what it is but to me the look of many of those does not look as good as Wii D-Tanshi (Japanese component) or even Wii OSSC (no x2).

Thanks
Have you tried injecting Wii / GC games directly to Wii U menu ? just to avoid the 2 external storage devices

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thanks
I think you have this problem because of two cases.....
1. You boot USB Loader GX by the Wii U Pad and will disable the USB functionality (so you have to run it, without Wii U pad)

2. The external Hard disk are you using the Y USB cable? Or the hard disk it's plugged to electricity plug? Because if not of that the Wii U will not speed up properly cause of not enough power from the one USB port.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain