WII U is ruining 3DS?

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have a feeling that WII U is gonna ruin the 3DS :/

With all the great games announced for the WII U it seems like Nintendo stopped to support the 3DS.
I was looking on Nintendo youtube channel and seeing WII U this WII U that, all WII U things.

After NSMB2,Prof Layton and Ace Attorney games, it feels like they stop to announce games.(There is Animal Crossing too)

What do you think?
Is 3DS gonna be all right ?

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bloody drama queens. Yes it will be alright, Nintendo has developed a habbit since the Wii to keep there cards close to there chest and not annouce games until they are almost complete. Besides, they are launching a new home console, what do you advertise more? the estabished format or the new one?

Reactions: 4 people

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course the 3DS will be ruined, because there were obviously no DS-exclusive games/franchises.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
its going to happen the same thing that happened when the 3ds was out and fucked the ds games
The DS was pretty much set to die with the 3DS's release, the DS had plenty of years of glory, it was only normal they'd stop most of the DS games since it's the successor.
As for the Wii U, they're different platforms, Nintendo has always done well managing their handhelds and home systems at the same time, obv the Wii U is still going to be released, so it'll get more stuff at first.

Reactions: 1 person

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There different markets, ones home console the others portable handheld they're not competing with each other, it is like saying will the iphone market destroy the wii u.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the Tokyo Game Show last week Capcom showed for the first time Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U and revealed how it will work in tandem with the Nintendo 3DS version,

This is the opening of a eurogamer news article. Just by reading this I would say that the Wii U is not going to ruin the 3DS, it kind of looks like the two consoles will be working together. I'll bet there will be more releases besides MH3 that work together on both consoles.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-25-how-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u-and-3ds-work-together

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii ruined ds.
Gamecube ruined gba.
N64 ruined gameboy color.
Snes ruined gameboy.

Those portables seemed to sell fine despite being ruined by their home console counterparts.
WII didn't ruin DS ._.

DS is a lot more better console then WII in my opinion.
I don't think you picked up that Snailface was being sarcastic.

Reactions: 3 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo is more than capable of supporting a handheld and a home console. People may not be entirely thrilled with that support, but it's not like the 3DS is going to shrivel up and die once the Wii U launches.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3DS will crash and burn.
Abandon the sinking ship now and swap over to the Vita master race.

why the hell would a home console ruin a handheld. Think for a minute before posting. The WiiU is new...of course they're pushing it harder.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see what the worry is. Of course Nintendo is going to focus on their new console at launch. Once the dust settles after the Wii U launch, both systems will start to get a truly great library, you'll see. :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
3DS still had quite some floor room on E3. And unless I'm mistaken, Luigi's mansion 2 and paper mario aren't released yet. Then there are 3rd party titles like Rollercoaster tycoon, Epic Mickey and some lego game. EDIT: somehow totally forgot about Zero escape. 999 was freakin' awesome. That, and what's mentioned in the OP really begs the question...

GamerzHell9137...How the fuck did you come up with this conclusion?

Christ...considering they're launching a new console, I'd say it's pretty amazing how much time they spend on the 3DS. But that has probably to do with interconnectivity they want to push (as with monster hunter).

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I have another point. Nintendo hasn't forgotten the NDS, too. Pokémon Black and White 2 is also coming for the NDS And also during the days of 3DS's release, a few releases for the NDS.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS has no where to go but up and it's going to fucking skyrocket.

I mean looked what happened with the 3DS at first, they had like no games for it. Then Nintendo learned "alright, we can't fuck around". And look at all the titles they've been announcing for it. I mean really, NSMB2, Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 7??? Already?!?! The 3DS is only a little over a year old and they brought out their big guns.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a new Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 8, and some good Mario Party games.

And yes, that's just the Mario games I'm mentioning. There's going to be tons of other titles, but I brought up the biggest name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol