• Views 9,515
  • Replies 92
  • Likes 1

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't care about those statistics, does it mean the console is bad? Not necessarily. Good films are not necessarily major blockbusters, great albums are not necessarily topping the charts. For each his own, but I enjoy my Wii U and that's what matters! :D

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The GameCube was actually technically very powerful for its generation capable of running all the cross platform games better than its competition. It was the last time Nintendo made a powerful console, they pretty just recycled the GC design and released again as the Wii with motion controller and got lucky. It was the beginning of the end for them, since Wii marked the beginning of Nintendo rendering themselves 1 entire generation behind its competition in terms of hardware parity and sealed the fate for the end of third party support for Nintendo consoles.
That's true, though I'm not so sure that that's the reason the Wii U is selling so poorly. Hopefully they will fix that with the NX though, I would really like to see what Zelda would look like on such a console.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, though I'm not so sure that that's the reason the Wii U is selling so poorly. Hopefully they will fix that with the NX though, I would really like to see what Zelda would look like on such a console.
Its selling poorly because it has no games. Wii U is essentially a first party only console. No console has ever survived with zero third party support, not even Nintendo can pump out enough titles to satisfy an entire generation cycle.

The main reason why it has zero third party support is cause its essentially a beefed up PS3 with a ipad controller. It can't really run any of the new third party games being released, i.e The Witcher 3, Need for Speed, Mad Max, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Fallout, Batman, etc, etc. Even current gen consoles have trouble running most third party AAA titles, so Wii U has no chance at all. And when your console has no third party support, people start to flee like rats on a sinking ship, most core gamers either own a PS4 or XB1, cause that's where all the best looking games are at. So, it creates a vicious cycle, no third party, people flee, more people flee, less games get released, and it goes on. Until you have a console that is only supported by Nintendo which really, doesn't cut it for most people.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Heck, if the Virtual Boy isn't considered a home console by people because it doesn't require a TV, then neither is the Wii U (for the most part).
Nintendo advertised it as a handheld device so it's what it is. The Wii U GamePad is a horrible caveman technology tablet which should have sold separately than as a requirement.

Bad sales or not, the console still has a lot of good games that can be enjoyed :P The console was just horrendously marketed. I think that there are a lot of people out there that hate the Wii U either because they don't think the console has good games, or that they simply hate it for the sake of hating.

It's about the really atrocious sales and terrible marketing.

I don't care about those statistics, does it mean the console is bad? Not necessarily. Good films are not necessarily major blockbusters, great albums are not necessarily topping the charts. For each his own, but I enjoy my Wii U and that's what matters! :D

Again, it's in regards to how poorly it's doing in sales and also lack of third party support plus the exclusive games aren't really all that great.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo advertised it as a handheld device so it's what it is. The Wii U GamePad is a horrible caveman technology tablet which should have sold separately than as a requirement.

It wasn't advertised as a handheld. For one thing, you did not hold the unit in your hands. If anything, it was advertised as portable, but then along those same lines, the Wii U would be portable too. Heck, Wii U would be considered more portable than the Virtual Boy.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Its selling poorly because it has no games. Wii U is essentially a first party only console. No console has ever survived with zero third party support, not even Nintendo can pump out enough titles to satisfy an entire generation cycle.

The main reason why it has zero third party support is cause its essentially a beefed up PS3 with a ipad controller. It can't really run any of the new third party games being released, i.e The Witcher 3, Need for Speed, Mad Max, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Fallout, Batman, etc, etc. Even current gen consoles have trouble running most third party AAA titles, so Wii U has no chance at all. And when your console has no third party support, people start to flee like rats on a sinking ship, most core gamers either own a PS4 or XB1, cause that's where all the best looking games are at. So, it creates a vicious cycle, no third party, people flee, more people flee, less games get released, and it goes on. Until you have a console that is only supported by Nintendo which really, doesn't cut it for most people.
People don't buy consoles for the multiplatform titles though. Maybe some people do, who don't have money for a decent gaming PC, but most people don't. The exclusives are what matter.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

It's about the really atrocious sales and terrible marketing.

Again, it's in regards to how poorly it's doing in sales and also lack of third party support plus the exclusive games aren't really all that great.

I know it's about the sales, but what EXTRA does it bring us knowing now that the console sold badly?

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
'Cause Nintendo got lucky with one gimmick and decided that they would base their entire future on gimmick controllers. Big mistake.
Never abandon the core of any business for a gimmick or a fad. Fads fade, the core business is what steers the course.

If Nintendo continues to make weird controllers shaped like a boot or one that you can wear as a hat, or whatever, they are doomed. If they go back to the core business and just make a great gaming console, than they will have a future.

That's why I get upset every time I see some retarded Nintendo gimmick controller patent, its like they didn't learn a single thing from Wii U. The same childish gimmicks will drive them out of business.

I think he means core Nintendo console.

wiiu gamepad is not a gimmick.
you are wrong.

like a boot or one that you can wear as a hat, or whatever
you are a troll , or a stupid or a ignorant or you believe to be funny writing these stupid and ignorant things probably...ehhhhh no...you are not funny

retarded Nintendo gimmick controller patent
again another retarted statement... you ignore because you are an ignorant person about how patenting works.

The same childish gimmicks will drive them out of business.
are you "childish retarted" (using your own words)?

LOL at people like you...go buy a Ps4 and be happy instead of :

That's why I get upset every time

you are a ignorant masochist childish retarted person.

/s

Last edited by nintendarium,

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People don't buy consoles for the multiplatform titles though. Maybe some people do, who don't have money for a decent gaming PC, but most people don't. The exclusives are what matter.
They buy consoles to play the most games that available in the market, which includes multiplats and exclusives. Right now Wii U has zero multiplats only first party exclusives made by Nintendo, which pretty much eliminates the bulk of the current gen's library of titles.
First party exclusives always make up the minority, with the majority of each gen's library composed of multiplats and third party exclusives. Right now Nintendo has zero third party exclusives, and zero third party multiplats, which means they have a very small library of games, not enough for any true core gamer.

I.E, Mad Max, Batman Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Need for Speed, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, The Division, Rainbowsix Siege, etc, etc, etc. These are the games that make up the bulk of this current gen's library of titles, each console will have their exclusives here and there, but by and large, most the library are composed of third party multiplats, which Nintendo has none of.

Which essentially leaves the Wii U fanbase to only the most hardcore Nintendo fans, who will buy a console just to play the latest Zelda game, but sadly that leaves out everyone else.

This is why Nintendo is losing the console war badly.

Like I said, no console has ever thrived with zero third party support, Nintendo is no exception. Because third party not only makes multiplats but they also make exclusives, I.E Street Fighter V, Tomb Raider, etc, etc.

No console manufacturer can ever survive solely on first party development.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wiiu gamepad is not a gimmick.
you are wrong.

you are a troll , or a stupid or a ignorant or you believe to be funny writing these stupid and ignorant things probably...ehhhhh no...you are not funny

again another retarted statement... you ignore because you are an ignorant person about how patenting works.

are you "childish retarted" (using your own words)?

LOL at people like you...go buy a Ps4 and be happy instead of :

/s

LOL, you done being a fanboy now? I think there are still a few spots on Miyamoto's ass that has shit on it, finish your job and keep licking.

Last edited by KSP,

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL
read my posts history I was quite critic even against Nintendo managment...

this is a shit posting thread...I only took the worst shit post...that was yours...

you are clearly posting shit with ignorance so it was easy making some sarcastic shit post upon you...

"retarted", "childish" posts like yours are always funny to joke about...LOL

lick youself frocio.
/s
When you're done licking Miyamoto's ass. They're a few new execs at Nintendo that need a thorough cleaning as well.

LOL, gee a I wonder who's a Nintendo fanboy who can't stand criticism of Nintendo. Maybe the dude with the user name Nintendarium. LOL

If you're gonna be a childish fanboy, at least choose a better username. Here's one "nintendoasskisser" has a nice ring don't you think.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
I neither care for, nor care about this discussion.
I enjoy my Wii U. I also enjoy my PS4 and my Xbox One.
Nintendo will keep releasing consoles and i will buy them.
Mostly because i just buy all consoles that get released and then not having to worry about missing any great games.

But thats not actually the reason i replied to this thread.
Nintendarium posted this:

/s

I really could not care LESS what your opinion on consoles, companies or video-gaming as a whole is Nintendarium.
The only thing i actually care about is your horrendous and offensive behavior.
I think that, even if our opinions may differ, we can still speak to each other in a civilized and courteous manner. Something you obviously do not know how to do.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
If you speak like a Troll and do nothing but Flamebait, then i do not care wether you are doing it "ironically" or not.
If you behave like that then you are a Troll and a Flamebaiter.

The intent of this entire thread is to bait people into spamming and only fanboys or haters are going to reply to such threads in the first place.

You do not lead a productive discussion and this was never your intent. This entire thread reads like a group of 9 year old boys screaming at each other on a playground. It is immature and pointless, because it contributes absolutely nothing.

Every console has its merits and targets a different demographic. Some are more successful than others.

Don't like the console? Fine. Don't buy it, but please spare us your spamming, or do you actually think your pointless opinions are relevant to anyone?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Yes on paper the Wii U failed, however to me it's been a good investment and a good console. At the end of the day the Wii U is something a bit different, however the games it does have you will not find games like them on rival platforms.

I've only owned my Wii U for around 10 months, however I love that loads of games support 4+ players on one console. The Xbox One has been a letdown this generation in regards to local multiplayer, and fun games in general. (I loved all the arcade style games on the 360). Sadly you can't even split screen co-op Halo anymore and multiplayer is 1 person per console, with no option to even system link.

What I have loved about the Wii U in comparison to the Xbox One is I can have a few mates over, we can cram together on the sofa and enjoy some good classic gaming just like when we were younger. Even better you can hack the vWii and you essentially have one console which can emulate every single past Nintendo console, along with many others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users