• Views 6,231
  • Replies 30

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tl;dr'd but am I the only one who thinks that menu looks absolutely fucking terrible?

I mean it's not Xbox 360 Billboard (the joke was that it has so many ads that it's no longer a "dashboard" but a "billboard") but it's just so bland and boring.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tl;dr'd but am I the only one who thinks that menu looks absolutely fucking terrible?

I mean it's not Xbox 360 Billboard (the joke was that it has so many ads that it's no longer a "dashboard" but a "billboard") but it's just so bland and boring.
Aren't all Nintendo menus? XD

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really liking the design choices made to the UI (pause screen that shows up when you hit the home button), Miiverse, Nintendo network and all that. But that gamepad home menu screen that looks similar to the old Wii channels isn't very appealing.
Hope it's not final.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really liking the design choices made to the UI (pause screen that shows up when you hit the home button), Miiverse, Nintendo network and all that. But that gamepad home menu screen that looks similar to the old Wii channels isn't very appealing.
Hope it's not final.

Derp. The wiiU releases in one week. AS IF they're gonna change it.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think design-wise everything looks great. I`m really liking the glassy-look. In general I am very fond of a clean look and they already did a very good job with the UI on Wii and 3DS...

Everything else sounds great as well aside of MariU being displayed at 720p. The Community features that are available through Miiverse are the most interesting thing though...

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Derp. The wiiU releases in one week. AS IF they're gonna change it.
The system will have a day one update, gaming journalists owning the system aren't allowed to show menus as part of nintendo's guidelines. If they can't show it there's a slight chance that it's unfinished.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well that's not a great sign, is it ? I mean, if a game like NSMB doesn't run in 1080p, what will ? :unsure:
ZombiU and Assassin Creed III will.

Nintendo said they won't develop games in 1080p at launch, as the games doesn't "need" that resolution to be fun to play.
Other developers are free to use it.

based on the friend card pictures:
You can have 100 friends and follow 1000 users.
you can have unlimited followers. (no max value displayed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1