Wii U in firmware 1.0.1E

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by deadf1sh, May 12, 2015.

1. deadf1sh
    OP

deadf1sh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2015
    France
    Hello i bought my Wii U at launch and never updated it nor connected it online.

I'm interested in installing Homebrew Channel.
    I already have Lego Batman to do it.

But in the guide here it says that i need to have Wii U on 2.1.0 at least.
    But i've already have access to vWii in 1.0.1E! i can launch and play Lego Batman.
    Even on wikipedia it says update 2.0.0 bring "Added Wii backwards compatibility" but that's not true for me.

Should i update my Wii U to 5.3.2 then install HC?
    Or should i (if i can) install HC in 1.0.1 then update WiiU? Seems an exploit is coming in 5.3.2 from what i read.

2. deadf1sh
    OP

deadf1sh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2015
    France
    After some further research seems like both wikipedia and the guide are wrong, vWii is active from 1.0.1, if you connect to the internet it will be blocked. https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-my-wiiu-safe-this-round.340117/#post-4502144

I found that i can install HBC in 5.3.2 (confirmation maybe?)
    Could not find if i can install HBC on 1.0.1 firmware.

Does anybody would recommend me not to update online to 5.3.2 for earlier exploit? as it seems i can update from games like https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-list-of-system-updates-on-disc.372041/

3. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Just update to the latest 5.3.2 firmware. Vwii, HBC, etc, is working fine and the upcoming WiiU kernal exploit (not released yet) is safe on the current version now.

deadf1sh likes this.
  4. deadf1sh
    OP

deadf1sh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2015
    France
    Thank you for your confirmation!

5. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Dont update it! Send it to marionumber1 or another hacker. . He may find morebeasily exploitable things with it to get keys and shit.

jammybudga777 likes this.
  6. deadf1sh
    OP

deadf1sh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2015
    France
    I could maybe send it if any recognized hacker live in south France, otherwise, there's no way sorry.

7. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Nah, just update, we have everything we need.

8. deadf1sh
    OP

deadf1sh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2015
    France
    Nice! doing it asap before there's a new update :P

9. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    I'd recommend using a disc to update ...like Mario Party 10, that's if you have played any Wii U games on your console.
    It's only because I don't like the forced game update data, which gets tied to your Wii U system.
    Delete the game update data and then you are forced to re-download it, before you can play that game again??? ...even if the Wii U system has been formatted??? :huh: