• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,257
  • Replies 55
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted User

OP
I hate to be a ungrateful party pooper, but after we got @NWPlayer123 's exploit what most devs where afraid of is exactly what happened, it was used to pirate and cheat, nothing else. where's the next big mari0 port? what happened to playing Super Mario War on every console we could port it to? why hasn't someone done DOOM yet? It'd be awesome to be able to switch weapons to exactly what i want using the sides of the touchscreen with a big ole map dead in the center. where did that GBATemp spirit go? is it hiding, scared away by a early release leak?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I hate to be a ungrateful party pooper, but after we got @NWPlayer123 's exploit what most devs where afraid of is exactly what happened, it was used to pirate and cheat, nothing else. where's the next big mari0 port? what happened to playing Super Mario War on every console we could port it to? why hasn't someone done DOOM yet? It'd be awesome to be able to switch weapons to exactly what i want using the sides of the touchscreen with a big ole map dead in the center. where did that GBATemp spirit go? is it hiding, scared away by a early release leak?

Patience - its something everyone on the temp needs in the present day..

Reactions: dronesplitter
D

Deleted User

OP
I am still working on my Stick Magician Unity game for the Wii U...
You just need some patience, I think! :wink:

Or maybe you could have a go at making/learning to make your own homebrew for the Wii U.

Last edited by ,

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given Time, the true homebrew potential of the WiiU shall be unlocked, Keep this in your head, Rome wasn't built in a Day.

Reactions: MakkipMaster

halpmenao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
all the people who wanted the exploit just wanted to pirate games...the ones i feel bad for is the ones stupid enough to rebuy a 5.3.2 just to do so...

D

Deleted User

OP
all the people who wanted the exploit just wanted to pirate games...the ones i feel bad for is the ones stupid enough to rebuy a 5.3.2 just to do so...
Piracy should be the cherry on top of the Homebrew sundae, not the driving factor.

Given Time, the true homebrew potential of the WiiU shall be unlocked, Keep this in your head, Rome wasn't built in a Day.
No, and neither was the Wii U scene, we've had kernal access for almost a year. The vita was playing portal clones in the first month it's first exploit came out. what we need stat is a SDK, and good public documentation of the console's internals, it's OS, and how to write and operate exploit packages.

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy should be the cherry on top of the Homebrew sundae, not the driving factor.

No, and neither was the Wii U scene, we've had kernal access for almost a year. The vita was playing portal clones in the first month it's first exploit came out. what we need stat is a SDK, and good public documentation of the console's internals, it's OS, and how to write and operate exploit packages.

What we need is to worry about a launcher that isn't server based, the primary target of exploit right now is the 3DS, just like when the Wii was the all the rage.

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah let's port doom again . Cuz it has to be on every console right? ....
LOL its easier to list the consoles you can't play Doom on....

That List Consist of: WiiU and entire 80's Atari Lineup

D

Deleted User

OP
LOL its easier to list the consoles you can't play Doom on....

That List Consist of: WiiU and entire 80's Atari Lineup
exactly, because the Doom1 engine is the single most well understood gaming engine in videogaming, i think someone even managed to port a really low res version to the NES.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still working on my Stick Magician Unity game for the Wii U...
You just need some patience, I think! :wink:

Or maybe you could have a go at making/learning to make your own homebrew for the Wii U.
I'm quite excited for that! :D

If you ever need some beta testers, I'd be glad to help ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country

The portable consoles are preferable for homebrew development in general

You can't compare a potable console with a regular console..

As for the Wii U, it's not very successful console in the market as you know, so it's not a surprise to see a weak homebrew development for it

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting hopefully for KODI or any media player to access my NAS library and enjoy some TV shows on the GamePad in my bed.
I haven't used a media center app on a console since the original Xbox WAY back in the day. First console I ever modded. Come to think of it, KODI used to be XBMC, right? I think it was exclusive to softmodded Xbox systems before they ported it to PC.

Reactions: DHall243

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.