Homebrew Wii U Homebrew Launcher Crashing

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had CFW for 2 months. I never had a problem until yesterday. I wanted to install a new game but I can't access HBL. Whether I try to load it from CBHC or Browserhax, HBL crashes upon entering it (crashes on blue screen with bubbles). Yes, I've installed games before and its worked with no problems. I've tried replacing the HBL files multiple times and used 3 SD cards. Still, nothing. What the heck happened? I recently moved to another country, this is the first time I've actually touched CFW since I moved. Could that somehow play into this?

I'm on version 5.5.3 running Haxchi/CBHC CFW

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Wii U doesn't care what country you're in lol try the .elf version of Homebrew Launcher on github it's 1.4 an older version and put it in wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot this folder wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher and post it here.

If you don't know how just go in that folder and if there's a homebrew_launcher.rpx delete it and retry. There should be a homebrew_launcher.elf in that folder that you don't want to delete.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe card corruption (run an error scan), if it's a micro sd card some times when inserting the card the lock gets activated( I put a small piece of tape over the lock to prevent this)

good luck

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe card corruption (run an error scan), if it's a micro sd card some times when inserting the card the lock gets activated( I put a small piece of tape over the lock to prevent this)

good luck

For the original SD I used it's actually stuck on unlocked ahaha. I could try to check for errors, but I mean I've tried 3 SD cards and it still crashes.

Also all my files still work for vWii so...

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check the folder I asked you to? If there's an .rpx it's going to try to load that even if you added an .elf you need to delete the .rpx.

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot this folder wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher and post it here.

If you don't know how just go in that folder and if there's a homebrew_launcher.rpx delete it and retry. There should be a homebrew_launcher.elf in that folder that you don't want to delete.

Here-

Attachments

• files.PNG
    files.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 235

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I've figured out what caused it to crash. I deleted all the apps in the apps folder (except HBL) and it started working again. I presume one of the files were corrupted

I redownloaded all the apps and it's now working

Reactions: Teletron1

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I've figured out what caused it to crash. I deleted all the apps in the apps folder (except HBL) and it started working again. I presume one of the files were corrupted

I redownloaded all the apps and it's now working

Yeah like i said for some reason these cards get corrupted easily ,but glad you got it working again

Reactions: FarisMarie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.